Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

event sequence question?

(1/6) > >>

ollydbg:
By reading the CC's source, I'm totally confused about the events sent from the C::B core and the event sequences.

I'd like to see the official development document about all the C::B's event sending sequence and other official C::B event.

I remember several years ago, we have a discussion: Puzzling cbEVT_EDITOR_* event behavior

But that discussion does not show all the sequence, so are there any documents?

If I can remember, jens has a plugin to monitor all the event sent from the core, so is it possible share/add this plugin to the contributed plugin achieve, so that we can learn more about C::B, and maybe it is much better for plugin developers.

Thanks.

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on September 03, 2011, 02:44:49 pm ---But that discussion does not show all the sequence, so are there any documents?

--- End quote ---
No, of course, the source is the only documentation, because it is the most up to date resource
and it is too easy if there are docs, real programmers don't write docs and don't need docs :)  (the last one is me joking)

MortenMacFly:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on September 03, 2011, 02:44:49 pm ---If I can remember, jens has a plugin to monitor all the event sent from the core, so is it possible share/add this plugin to the contributed plugin achieve, so that we can learn more about C::B, and maybe it is much better for plugin developers.

--- End quote ---
There are two of this plugins - Jens's was called EventsDisplay (IIRC). However, adding this to trunk makes no sense as it would seriously spoil down C::B in terms of performance and stability. Just search the forums (it should be still there) and compile it yourself... it's a pretty simple plugin in the end. (However, I doubt it is still up-to-date...?!)

Jenna:

--- Quote from: MortenMacFly on September 05, 2011, 07:25:07 am ---
--- Quote from: ollydbg on September 03, 2011, 02:44:49 pm ---If I can remember, jens has a plugin to monitor all the event sent from the core, so is it possible share/add this plugin to the contributed plugin achieve, so that we can learn more about C::B, and maybe it is much better for plugin developers.

--- End quote ---
There are two of this plugins - Jens's was called EventsDisplay (IIRC). However, adding this to trunk makes no sense as it would seriously spoil down C::B in terms of performance and stability. Just search the forums (it should be still there) and compile it yourself... it's a pretty simple plugin in the end. (However, I doubt it is still up-to-date...?!)

--- End quote ---
I just updated it, and will upload it to my server.
It might also be added to the plugins (not contrib), just like the headerguard-plugin for example, without being included in automake-system and contrib-plugins workspace.

Jenna:

--- Quote from: jens on September 05, 2011, 08:09:55 am ---I just updated it, and will upload it to my server.

--- End quote ---

Here it is:
http://apt.jenslody.de/downloads/DisplayEvents_0.3.7z
unpack it into src/plugins subdirectory of C::B's sources (not in contrib !!).
Don't forget to run src/update[.bat] afterwards, to copy the plugin from devel- to output-folder.

The Makefile.am is not tested, so it might or might not work after integrating it into automake-system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version