Author Topic: Problems and solutions wiki-page  (Read 5984 times)

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Problems and solutions wiki-page
« on: September 05, 2011, 10:20:14 pm »
I started a common problems and solutions wiki page.  This can be used to save time by just directing people to the appropriate section when they have a problem.

I would suggest anytime someone feels they have answered (or been helped with) a general question that is likely to come up again, they should add a section to the wiki-page.

By the way, does anyone have a suggestion of where I should link to it on the wiki?

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Problems and solutions wiki-page
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 02:14:14 am »
How about add the content to FAQ?
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 03:17:25 am »
I had considered that, but the FAQ was already quite long, so I thought a separate page focused on problem solving (hence the format I wrote it in) might be in order.  If you think it would be better, however, I would be happy to move the content to the FAQ.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 05:11:33 am »
@ ollydbg: Thanks for pointing that out; now that I think about it, using the FAQ makes a lot more sense.

All information has been added to the FAQ, and I will be deleting the common problems and solutions wiki-page soon (unless of course somebody thinks it should be kept) (edit: action restricted, added to deletion request instead).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 03:01:56 am by Alpha »