User forums > Help

build and rebuild in command promt

(1/2) > >>

sion005:
Greeting, I'm a new user of CodeBlocks and I'm developing a software that needs to call the CodeBlocks compiler using the command prompt. I checked the manual of CodeBlocks and I used this command:

C:\CodeBlocks>codeblocks.exe /na /nd --no-splash-screen --no-batch-window-close --rebuild C:\Users\Pedro\Desktop\teste\teste\teste.cbp --target='Debug'

When I run this I always get the message "Nothing to be done" and the project is not rebuild. The same happens if i use --build instead of --rebuild.
However, if i try to build using CodeBlocks (not in command prompt but in the application), the build works with no problems...

Probably is something simple that I'm missing here, but I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

stahta01:
Code::Blocks version/SVN?
Also, I think the OS Name and version will be needed.

Note: I have no idea how to help; but, the above info is needed in nearly all cases.

Edit: Might try double quote

--- Code: -----target="Debug"

--- End code ---

Edit: the cbp needs to be the last thing in the line per this wiki:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Code::Blocks_command_line_arguments

Tim S.

Jenna:
Please copy and paste the exact command you use (the commandline in your first post seems to contain at least one typo).

sion005:
The command that I used is exactly the one that is on my first post.

The CodeBlock version is 10.05 and the OS is Windows 7.

Jenna:
Again:

--- Quote from: jens on July 13, 2011, 04:12:51 pm ---Please copy and paste the exact command you use (the commandline in your first post seems to contain at least one typo).

--- End quote ---
This can not work:

--- Quote from: sion005 on July 13, 2011, 03:46:28 pm ---C:\CodeBlocks>codeblocks.exe /na /nd --no-splash-screen --no-batch-window-close --rebuild C:\Users\Pedro\Desktop\teste\teste\teste.cbp --target='Debug'

--- End quote ---
and so it can not be the exact commandline !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version