Author Topic: C::B debug (gdb) with breakpoints pending is VERY SLOW ...  (Read 19317 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: C::B debug (gdb) with breakpoints pending is VERY SLOW ...
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 09:40:07 am »
1. No way breakpoints to be saved in the cbp file, for the other option, there is a missing API, which I need to implement to be able to implement this feature
2. I can (and will) provide scripting support for setting breakpoints. Another thing I think will be useful will be the addition of "enable all, disable all" feature. I think, I can provide this, too.

Stay tuned...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline kccheng

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 11:32:51 am »
1. No way breakpoints to be saved in the cbp file, for the other option, there is a missing API, which I need to implement to be able to implement this feature
2. I can (and will) provide scripting support for setting breakpoints. Another thing I think will be useful will be the addition of "enable all, disable all" feature. I think, I can provide this, too.

Stay tuned...

That will be great.  And I can help to test your code, that's at least I can do right now :-)

Regards
KC

Offline TedK

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 10:27:23 pm »
I have been using Code::Blocks 13.12 for several months on Kubuntu (14.10 and 15.04), and debugging a C++ application has been painful. Stepping through a single line of code can take between 10 s and 5 min. Initially, I had GDB 7.8 and then upgraded it to 7.9 but this did not solve the problem. And it looks like the problem is not in GDB because I can debug with GDB in command mode without any delays. I tried to find a solution, but it looks like there is no one. Some people were blaming libc6-dbg, but I have the latest one. I suspect that CB debugger plugin is at fault and it looks like no one is willing to fix it. So I will probably be switching to Eclipse or CodeLite.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 12:49:22 am »
If you have too many watches added to the watches window then this will slow stepping down.
On newer versions there is an option to disable the automatic update of watches, which can speed things a bit.

This problem is unfixable in the current code, so you'll have to wait for the gdb/mi plugin.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]