Author Topic: Sorry, the package "codeblocks-dev 10.05-1" failed to install or upgrade.  (Read 3303 times)

MattDrumz

Hi, awhile ago I uninstalled Code::Blocks because I didn't need it anymore, but now whenever I start up my computer I get this error message. First, it says I have a system problem, and then when I click the report button, it shows another window that says what the title says.

Also, an update for Code::Blocks shows up in my Update Manager every time I have updates, even though I don't have that on my computer anymore. I always have to uncheck it. Both of these problems are just annoyances, because my computer works fine with these bugs. I'm just wondering if there is any way to fix this. I'm guessing its probably a pretty simple thing to fix, but I'm still kinda new to Ubuntu.

Thanks!

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
This likely happened because you did not remove code::blocks correctly.
Under windows, I would suggest reinstalling it and then removing it use the proper method.
No idea if this is safe under Linux.

NOTE: After using an installer to install a program; And then deleting the installed files using file manager/browser is what causes this problem in windows.

Tim S.  
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org