Author Topic: Help! Maybe trouble in codeblocks environment setting  (Read 6552 times)

wuxian610

Help! Maybe trouble in codeblocks environment setting
« on: November 27, 2005, 08:54:10 am »
Hello, exports:

When I was working in codeblocks RC2, I found I can't typing Chinese at all  while I did the same thing well on other tools.
And when I imported my codes written on other tools to it , my codes looked very strange, as below:

Show in other tools:          printf("  您好~中山先生!");
         Show in RC2:                     printf("  您好)~中山先生!";

And my codes work well on RC2 at the same time, just as it worked on other tools。。。。
         Please give me a hand~Thanks!
                                                                                                           yours

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: Help! Maybe trouble in codeblocks environment setting
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 03:30:57 pm »
Are you on windows, or linux?

Also, check the "Help... about" dialog. There should be something saying "Build: ..... wx2.6.1 (Windows, ANSI). If your says "ANSI" and not "UNICODE", you need to compile codeblocks by yourself.

wuxian610

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 02:55:51 am »
Thank you very much, my friend:

I work under Linux(FC4) in fact.
             And the ''Help...About'' says: Build: ..... wx2.6.1 (Linux, ANSI), I thank it is showing an ill status as your words,
             I installed it in order of :
                                      1.wxGTK-2.6.2-1.i386.rpm,
                                       2.wxGTK-devel-2.6.2-1.i386.rpm, 
                                       3.codeblocks-1.0-rc2.src.rpm
              and I got a   " codeblocks-1.0-rc2.i386.rpm " in  /usr/src/  at last, which gave me executable programm as what I told you....
              Did I work in a right way~?Please give me some advice, my honorific rickg22.

yours

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 07:25:14 am »
You need to make a UNICODE build of wxWidgets. Unfortunately, I'm no Linux expert. Anyone?

wuxian610

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 10:54:07 am »
             Thank you all the same, my friend~
             Have you seen ID : heromyth's post, about the POEDIT? Can I solve my problem in that way?Or what he said can only make the C:B'menu internationalization?

yours

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 04:17:59 pm »
Hi , I do not usually use Linux but used before. What do you mean "import" here ? Are you using the Project > import ? If yes , which option you are importing from , Dev-C++ /MSVC or etc ..?

Is your source code originally written on Windows ?

Very obvious that the in this case printf("  您好)~中山先生!";, the ) is wrongly placed , is that happened on every line which contains Chinese character?

I am not very familiar with CB Linux version but I believe the should not be the import problem since the source code should be imported without modification .

Can you try to open the source code on text editor for example Gedit to see whether the same problem exist ?

wuxian610

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 02:02:00 am »
Thanks, cyberkoa:

I'm sorry for my poor English! In fact , my "import" there mains: open source code which has been already exist.
              There isn't the problem when open it on other tools. The problem only showed when the source code opened with C:B, every line Chinese appeared.

yours