Author Topic: "..file modified outsise IDE, do you want to reload it  (Read 14512 times)

rob

"..file modified outsise IDE, do you want to reload it
« on: February 24, 2005, 12:48:17 am »
Hi all

First, I really like codeblocks and I try to get rid of the bloated MS Visual Studio.
One strange thing I have observed. The message (from subject) is always popping up, whenever I give focus to another application, e.g. a webbrowser.  I have no other application using my source files, they have been created with codeblocks itself. How can I get rid of those messages ?
I have the newest codeblock distribution running on Windows XP.

regards
rob

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 09:09:13 am »
We 've had some reports of this happening. This used to happen when you created a new file in the IDE. There is a bug in there and you must close the new file and re-open it from the project tree. Then it should work.

Also mind that the modification check is performed when the IDE receives focus again. It doesn't matter if you were using a webbrowser, a spreadsheet or anything else. If you modify a file outside the IDE (which is open inside the IDE), switch to your webbrowser and then switch to the IDE you will get notified about it...

HTH,
Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Faultier

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 12:32:26 pm »
But, you will get this message when you have loaded the same file twice, too. This happens always, if you have files with case letters (i.e. File.h/File.cpp) and use the swap header/source function (F11). Sometimes, if the compiler find an error message and loads the source file, you will get a second copy of the source file. It seems, that c::b does not recognizes all loaded files.
So, next time you will get this message, have a look in the Window menu.

And yes, this is a very nice IDE!
bye,
stefan

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 02:59:22 pm »
Quote from: Faultier
But, you will get this message when you have loaded the same file twice, too. This happens always, if you have files with case letters (i.e. File.h/File.cpp) and use the swap header/source function (F11). Sometimes, if the compiler find an error message and loads the source file, you will get a second copy of the source file. It seems, that c::b does not recognizes all loaded files.
So, next time you will get this message, have a look in the Window menu.

And yes, this is a very nice IDE!
bye,
stefan

Yeah, I've had this problem too when the IDE will keep multiple copies of the same file open at once.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 03:28:33 pm »
I think I 've fixed in CVS. I can't make it happen anymore (previously I could).
I guess, we 're gonna see it in the next update where more people will be testing it :)

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Calmarius

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: "..file modified outsise IDE, do you want to reload it
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 12:02:12 pm »
I experience this occasionally even in 10.04, when the file has unsaved modifications for several minutes.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:06:07 pm by Calmarius »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: "..file modified outsise IDE, do you want to reload it
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 03:32:10 pm »
I experience this occasionally even in 10.04, when the file has unsaved modifications for several minutes.
please don't hijack 7 year old threads! ???

topic locked.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ