Author Topic: A Git Repository for Code::Blocks (ONLY trunk)  (Read 38204 times)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: A Git Repository for Code::Blocks (ONLY trunk)
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2012, 07:34:21 pm »
By the way, if I understand it correctly, berlios also offers git since some time:
Yes, I know - it just does not have such a "nice" interface like GitHub or alike. But I don't know if we would miss too much.

Concerning the GIT conversion: I would be mostly interested if your branch switching is reflected properly. For example: The last switch between trunk and the CC branch is important as only in the (backed-up) trunk branch the history is until "day 1".

An if conversion is OK - how would we proceed? Convert locally and upload the a whole converted repo via SSH to BerliOS, or does BerliOS / SourceForge itself offer a migration service? Maybe it wise to setup a dummy project and try before...
I guess it is possible to have both repos parrallel, that means switch locally to git, upload and test it, while the svn repo is still available.

I uploaded the history of trunk created with git log --graph --date-order --format=medium to my server : http://apt.jenslody.de/downloads/master_history.7z
The cc-branch merge into trunk is in line 8642.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: A Git Repository for Code::Blocks (ONLY trunk)
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2012, 08:14:35 pm »
As far as I know, there is no way to pull from somebody's git-svn repo and then even if you have svn rights to commit in svn.
There are some remote-repo-tags, which are not preserved after the pull (I'm not 100% sure about this).
And I guess having two repos will be non-productive (if we force a single user to do the git svn dcommit the history will be badly broken).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]