Author Topic: Missing command line in debugger tab  (Read 3143 times)

Offline nixahn

• Single posting newcomer
Missing command line in debugger tab
« on: March 09, 2011, 04:52:10 pm »
Hi, I have been using cb in windows for a while. I'm trying to migrate it's use to ubuntu, where I found the following problem: I can't seem to find the "command" part in the debugger tab used to send commands to the debugger. I have activated the debugger (debug) tab by setting the option in settings, debugger & compiler, debugger options, log... which is where the little box to send commands should appear.

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but I couldn't find it in either google or here. I can use the "send user command to debugger" command in the debug menu, but it's annoying to have to do that all the time. Any idea what might be wrong? Thanks in advance...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Missing command line in debugger tab
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:05:56 pm »
Yes, update your version of C::B, I think you need at least 10.05 for this feature.
With <10.05 you can use "Debug -> Send command to debugger" (or something like that)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline nixahn

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 05:46:25 pm »
thnks... I guess ubuntu's repository for Karmic is outdated;

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 06:26:47 pm »
Search the forum, there should be some info how to install newer version...
If there is such a version for your ubuntu.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline pirx67

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 12:56:12 am »
thnks... I guess ubuntu's repository for Karmic is outdated;

Yes it is. Also for Lucid it is outdated (C::B 10.05 came out after Ubuntu 10.04 obviously).
You can use pasgui's repository for Ubuntu @ http://lgp203.free.fr/ubuntu/ to get at least the C::B 10.05 release for Karmic.

If you need more background information a search of the forums with "pasgui ubuntu karmic"
will deliver some posts.

Greets,
        pirx67