Author Topic: -- Build: Debug in first --Compiling: main.cpp Execution of 'mingw32-g++.exe -Wa  (Read 10384 times)

TedShark

-------------- Build: Debug in first ---------------

Compiling: main.cpp
Execution of 'mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions  -g     -c D:\C;B\CodeBlocks\projects\first\main.cpp -o obj\Debug\main.o' in 'D:\C;B\CodeBlocks\projects\first' failed.
Nothing to be done.

what do i do? i have Cb 10.05, i am using gnu gcc compiler, my language is c++, i am trying to make the hello program, i have searched this youtube and other stuff and i tried dowloading the gnu collection and that was just confusing i think it can with a compiler cus i used the c++ for dummies cd
can anyone please help me ive been stuck on this for like 3 months and i would like to go foreward in my studying

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
C;B
Get rid of the special chars in the path; i think it is a ";" or ":" I saw.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline tam0009

• Single posting newcomer
How Do I get rid of the special characters in the path?

Code block won't compile anything for me. Compiler is installed jGrasp works fine.

Heres the error message:

Compiling: main.cpp
Execution of 'g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions  -g     -c "C:/Users/Andy/Dropbox/Software Construction/Project 1/Dunstan and Dragons/main.cpp" -o obj/Debug/main.o' in 'C:\Users\Andy\Dropbox\Software Construction\Project 1\Dunstan and Dragons' failed.
Nothing to be done.

wlanhans

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem!

CodeBlocks says:

Execution of 'mingw32-g++.exe  -o C:\Users\hans\Desktop\Untitled1.exe C:\Users\hans\Desktop\Untitled1.o' in 'C:\Users\hans\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CodeBlocks' failed.
Nothing to be done.

It would be great if anyone knew the solution!!

wlanhans

Offline ouch

• Almost regular
have you guys checked your toolchain executable paths? Seems like codeblocks can't find them.

Offline tam0009

• Single posting newcomer
ouch:
have you guys checked your toolchain executable paths? Seems like codeblocks can't find them.

How do I check that?

Offline ouch

• Almost regular
settings->compiler and debugger->toolchain executables

be sure the path is correct and that the right files are even being called for the desired action.

there is also an additional paths tab to add more paths if your whole toolchain is spread between different directories.