Author Topic: GDB  (Read 22421 times)

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
Re: GDB
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 01:01:34 pm »
Shell script, ;/ that shouldn't be the way to implement it imo. Macros won't be of any importance if a xhell script will be used. I stll think implementing the 'additional shell commands' in the gui would be the best way but never mind if it can't be done, codeblocks is more that enough for lots of things. ;) Thnx anyway.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 02:52:02 pm »
What is the problem with the shell script? Why don't you like it?
You could try to execute the "shell avahi ...  &" but I don't think it will work.

I prefer to have only one GUI, less code => less bugs :)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 04:43:08 pm »
The reason I don't like shell script is it will be OS dependant and macros cannot be used. Apart from that it will be debugger dependent. By GUI I meant the splitted debugger GUI, the general one for all debuggers which u are trying to split afaik. I perefer also less code => less bugs. ;) As I said before that's just my thoughts as a user using cb for embedded programming mostly and as always I am grateful for what's done so far. ;) Thnk u.

What's 'avahi' btw?

Another idea: Can gdb be adjusted to not wait till the shell command exits somehow?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 05:04:18 pm »
The reason I don't like shell script is it will be OS dependant and macros cannot be used.
1. The can be used to abstract OS differences
2. Shell scripts can have parameters, so macros can be used.

Apart from that it will be debugger dependent. By GUI I meant the splitted debugger GUI, the general one for all debuggers which u are trying to split afaik.
The GUI in the project is not common for all debuggers. It has not split at the moment.

What's 'avahi' btw?
Replace it with the real command you've used, it thought mistake :)

Another idea: Can gdb be adjusted to not wait till the shell command exits somehow?
Ask on the gdb's mailing list or in #gdb @ irc.freenode.net or .org (not 100% sure).
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 06:15:53 pm »
Ask on the gdb's mailing list or in #gdb @ irc.freenode.net or .org (not 100% sure).

Ok, will try, thnx. I guess I need to learn to code in C++ (working on it though) to become aware of some things. ;)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 06:43:09 pm »
GDB is written in C (probably ANSI C), so no need to learn C++:)

cbuser405

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 01:21:58 pm »
OK. It works.
What do you prefer, combined list or two separe lists (probably I should check CDB) ?

I think one list is enough

Could you add a check box "use extended-remote" to configuration page for GDB RemoteConnection:
if not checked - works as before (send target remote)
if checked - send target extended-remote.
Is this per project or global setting?

It is right be done at the project level.

Is there any progress on my request?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 02:33:05 pm »
No, I've other things with higher priority at the moment.