Author Topic: Welcome Newcomers - PLEASE READ!!!  (Read 1136192 times)

Offline harmonics101

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Welcome Newcomers - PLEASE READ!!!
« Reply #915 on: April 04, 2015, 03:45:07 am »
I don't see an Administrator section for this forum - so I will ask my question here. I'm a bit concerned with the message I receive regarding <accounts with zero posts and zero activity during the last month will be deleted periodically> I'm still searching / using and experimenting with Code :: Blocks - and I am quite sure I won't have any pertinent questions to ask in the next month or so. Deleting someone's account for zero posts and zero activity (what is this ? is a logon considered activity ?) Anyway, I just want to voice my concerns regarding that pop up message ,

H
Harmonics101

Offline Valento92

« Reply #916 on: April 07, 2015, 02:41:39 pm »
I am new, I am here!  :)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #917 on: April 07, 2015, 09:54:15 pm »
(what is this ? is a logon considered activity ?) Anyway, I just want to voice my concerns regarding that pop up message ,
Thank you for raising that concerns but I am afraid we won't change the policy and I'll tell you why:

Every week although we have quite string anti-spam checks roughly 15 spammers make it though the system and register with the forums. To remove those the method has proven to work extremely well.

Thats also why we have this "welcome" post section here: Remember: You only need to post a single message once (not per week/year...) just once per forum lifetime. That shouldn't be too hard. Anyway: As guest (i.e. not registered) you can read all important posts anyways. So we also assume that you register here because you have something to say/ask.

If you have better alternatives: Give us a hint!!! :D

Edit: BTW: In the year 2014 (only) we have killed 329339 spammers... just to give you a number how hard the fight is we do. ???
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:58:32 pm by MortenMacFly »
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline harmonics101

« Reply #918 on: April 07, 2015, 10:40:20 pm »
Thank you Sir - for your response and very informative explanation !

I hope, at some point I can become a contributor to this Code::Blocks forum - It's nice to have such a community and i am thankful for all the volunteers that keep this list operational.

I would have never imagined that's how many spammer folk you'd have on a typical forum , yikes.

Glad to be part of the community,

H
Harmonics101

Offline jvmorren

« Reply #919 on: April 08, 2015, 06:30:11 pm »
I am new, I am here

richardlc

« Reply #920 on: April 09, 2015, 02:42:04 pm »
Thank you, I am trying to learn C in Linux: good to find out if Code blocks will help.

Offline MarkVonShief

« Reply #921 on: April 14, 2015, 03:49:36 pm »

"I am new, I am here", said the sentient spam-bot

Offline Betsemes

« Reply #922 on: April 17, 2015, 03:08:37 am »
Hello all! Spambot "Betsemes" here. I'm new to spamming... errr, programming. You may email me at betsemes at SpamBotHeaven dot com.

Baaad joke :-) Seriously now. I graduated some 25 years ago with a bachelor degree in mathematics and computer science. I never found a job as a programmer, maybe I didn't look hard enough. I'm now relearning what I used to know, learning C++, and planning to build my own commercial projects.

I'm currently using Notepad++ as text editor, MinGW, and WxWidgets for GUI programming. I'm getting tired of how hard is to write a single program without the debugging tools that Code::Blocks users take for granted. So I'm considering downloading and installing it. The problem is my hard drive is almost full, I love Notepad++ as a text editor (I use it for almost everything), and I'm very reticent to bring yet another program to my already crowded hard drive. However, I'm seriously considering it; my registering here is proof of it, I think.

Well, administrators, I hope you'd forgive the little innocent joke of mine  ;D.

EDIT: I'm downloading it as I write this update. The tutorial on wxSmith convinced me on that. I don't know anything that would pave the way towards building my planned project faster than this plugin. I'll be playing with it during the next days.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:17:58 pm by Betsemes »
Code::Blocks 16.01
MinGW GCC 4.8.1-4
Windows 8.1

Offline Pratyya10

« Reply #923 on: April 18, 2015, 04:15:38 pm »
I am new, I am here.

Offline Omega1105

« Reply #924 on: April 22, 2015, 03:09:02 am »
I am here. Let's go C++!

thiodolfr

« Reply #925 on: April 24, 2015, 11:11:06 am »
i am  new here, and i'm here.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 11:18:28 am by thiodolfr »

Neroldy

« Reply #926 on: April 25, 2015, 01:02:29 pm »
I am new, I am here

Lysistrata

« Reply #927 on: April 30, 2015, 12:12:54 pm »
Lysistrata here.
I hope there are no wars over which language is best, as it has classical repercussions for some humans.

Cipher

Re: Newcomer
« Reply #928 on: May 01, 2015, 03:11:30 am »
I am new, I am here  :)

jrandym

« Reply #929 on: May 01, 2015, 05:58:22 pm »
I am new, I am here
- Actually 1st registered in 2010, but it's been awhile, so I needed to register. ;-)