Author Topic: File has weight but no code  (Read 3305 times)

ChaosUK

File has weight but no code
« on: June 06, 2011, 10:11:50 pm »
Ok, so today i finished up my Comp Prog Project for school.  It was a text based RPG, and i had to finish it today so that i could present it.  so today I was working on it before school started, the file was on my portable hard drive and so is the C::B program that i used (I made it portable).  The 2 minute bell rang, i saved the cpp file, closed out of C::B, ejected the Drive, and went to comp prog.  Once the final bell rung, i was called up to do my presentation, plugged in my drive, started up C::B, and loaded the file.  Once i loaded it, there was no code in it what so ever, but yet the file itself had a weight of 56.2kb.  I panicked, grabbed some old code, and used that as my example with the .exe from the most recently compiled version of my code (Which i compiled it this morning).
So now i'm home and i need help trying to figure out this issue.  How can i get my code back? the file has weight but nothing in it. Is there a way to fix this? does anyone know how to fix it? is there something like Recuva that can help me with this? I need to know by tonight, i have to upload my code by this evening and i don't want to be docked points for having incomplete code.

Offline ouch

• Almost regular
Re: File has weight but no code
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:51:06 pm »
while not codeblocks related, chances are your one of those people that plug a drive in and unplug it before they unmount it (or "eject" the drive in windows lingo)

If you don't all your files on that drive will get corrupted at some point and that's likely what happened to you.

You can run your os's standard file fixing software to try to get the files back but it might also not be able to and just delete the corrupted ones for you...