Author Topic: CVS seems broken ?  (Read 13179 times)

Offline Der Meister

• Regular
Re: CVS seems broken ?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005, 10:56:12 am »
Yes, indeed. But I am using a source based distribution (gentoo) and as long as all important packages compile well on gcc 3.3 (in fact, Code::Blocks is the first one which makes problems) I don't want to risk anything. I know that even in the gentoo stable tree gcc 3.4 or 4.0 will be the used compiler someday (gcc 3.4 is already used in the unstable tree), but I want to stay with the stable tree and not mix stable and unstable packages if possible.
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Real Programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in BASIC, after the age of 12.

Offline Der Meister

• Regular
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005, 01:05:37 pm »
Well, I finally got it. mandrav was right, the original error message was a compiler problem. I noticed that it is possible to install gcc 3.3 and 3.4 in parallel and to switch between them. This way I could compile and install Code::Blocks with following commands:
Code
./configure --enable-contrib --prefix=/opt/codeblocks-cvs --with-wx-config=wx-config-2.6
make CPPFLAGS="$(CPPFLAGS) -I../sdk/as/include"
make install
But one problem remains. When I try to start Code::Blocks I get this error message:
Code
 ~ $ /opt/codeblocks-cvs/bin/codeblocks 
Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 2.6 (no debug,ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 102,wx containers,compatible with 2.4),
and your program used 2.6 (no debug,ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4).
Aborted
I believe that this comes from the fact that I compiled Code::Blocks with gcc 3.4 but wxGTK with gcc 3.3. I will try to re-compile it with gcc 3.4 and hope that it works...

Edit:
Recompiling wxGTK and then recompiling Code::Blocks did the trick. I can start Code::Blocks now but I still get an error message:

14:06:47: /opt/codeblocks-cvs/share/codeblocks/plugins/libcompiler.so: undefined symbol: _ZN14AnnoyingDialog9ShowModalEv

After clicking OK Code::Blocks starts just as normal and seems to work except for the compiler-plugin. But without this plugin Code::Blocks is quite unusable because it can do hardly anything. Has anyone an idea why this problem occurs?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 02:13:56 pm by Der Meister »
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Real Programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in BASIC, after the age of 12.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2005, 06:19:26 pm »
Edit:
Recompiling wxGTK and then recompiling Code::Blocks did the trick. I can start Code::Blocks now but I still get an error message:

14:06:47: /opt/codeblocks-cvs/share/codeblocks/plugins/libcompiler.so: undefined symbol: _ZN14AnnoyingDialog9ShowModalEv

After clicking OK Code::Blocks starts just as normal and seems to work except for the compiler-plugin. But without this plugin Code::Blocks is quite unusable because it can do hardly anything. Has anyone an idea why this problem occurs?

Yes, a couple of new files from yesterday weren't in the build system just yet.
I just added them but it 'll take a few hours until anonymous CVS syncs...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

rig0r

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005, 09:08:56 pm »
It compiles and runs just fine now after upgrading to GCC 3.4.4 and the CVS update. Thanks  :D