Author Topic: [SOLVED] Permission denied when trying to save file  (Read 11854 times)

Offline alleb

• Single posting newcomer
[SOLVED] Permission denied when trying to save file
« on: December 28, 2010, 08:12:07 pm »
I'm trying to use C::B, have successfully installed it on Ubuntu 10.10, then I started IDE itself. I created a new empty project and tried to save it, but a warning message "Couldn't save project <project name> (Maybe the file is write-protected?)" appeared. Destination folder is on ntfs drive which is mounted on system start to folder /hdd/. Permissions for /hdd/ are drwxr-xr-x, owner is root and group is plugdev(my user is in this group), permissions to all inner folders are dwrxwrx---. I tried to add writing permissions to /hdd/, but it didn't help - just the same thing. I tried searching in internet, but found nothing useful except that once was said that user Code::Blocks must have permissions for writing - but no such user exist. By the way, files in the same directory C::B can't write to can be created, deleted and edited from system terminal, so it seems like IDE issue. Will be very pleased for any help:)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 09:20:41 pm by alleb »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!

Offline alleb

• Single posting newcomer
Re: [SOLVED] Permission denied when trying to save file
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 09:21:21 pm »
jens, thanks a lot, problem is solved:)