Author Topic: Integrate codeblock with sdcc  (Read 7942 times)

Offline haytick

• Single posting newcomer
Integrate codeblock with sdcc
« on: December 09, 2010, 03:40:56 am »
i was trying to use pic c programming using sdcc,

and there is suggestion using code block as IDE,

if there any instruction i can follow to setup the sdcc in codeblock??

Offline natescham

Re: Integrate codeblock with sdcc
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 02:44:30 am »
Hey man,

Yeah setting up SDCC as you r default compiler s no problem with Code Blocks.

By default it searchs for it under C:\sdcc but if yo use autodetect it mght goto program files/sdcc

anyways, just goto Setting > Compiler and Debugger.. > then selct SDCC from the available compiler options,
once you instal SDCC of course.

I would suggest installin git in C:\sdcc because a lot of compiler have a brain fart when there are spaces in the path.
Just make sure to check under Search Directories toamke sure your compiler and linker are pointing to the correct directory.
And under Toolchains and Additional PAths to also make sure that everything is pointing where it shoul dbe, such as your ..\include or ..\bin directories or any other libraries ou may be using.
I've used SDCC with Code Blocks before and its not a bad choice for learning to program the PIC in C, MPLAB can be a little harder to learn at first.

Well, I hope that helped, if not, let me know in depth what probems you are having and i'll help u out.
Good luck and happy programming. PICS are fun.

Offline natescham

Re: Integrate codeblock with sdcc
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 02:52:35 am »
Oh, I also wanted to mention that once you get your compiler and linker settingsset up, you can make it so that you can automatically create a new SDCC project from the New Projects tab.

All yo need to do is start a new project, save everything the way you want your template to be, then simply gptp Project > then Save Project as User Template.

This will be very helpfil if your always using the same header files for whatever tpe of PIC you are working on.

Well good luck man. Let me know how it goes.