Author Topic: Gcov  (Read 26305 times)

Offline ewww

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Gcov
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 03:23:08 pm »
not really, unfortunately. The crash remains as you did only half the way.
Yes, you are right, i didnt pay attention and missed your point on which pointer to check there. However, when saying this may be the last update, I meant that at least until now I was doing this plugin for my own purposes and right now it delivers just what I need :)

I fully agree that at this stage it is not properly tested to be "production ready" or so. This is a small plugin and it did not seem to catch much attention here on the forum, so I figured, it is usable enough to be worth hanging as an attachment on this thread :)

I do not know how you generally handle contrib plugins, but sure I would be interested in doing some more work on it, if you think it could be made a part a release package, or so. Let me make another revision some time next week with proper error checking so it at least does not crash the host. Thing is, it does it's direct job perfectly well for me on my machine and my build configuration :) Checking for special cases is a bit difficult in such a scenario, especially that I am not aware of many cb specifics, e.g. no idea virtual targets existed, etc :)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 03:26:35 pm »
this plug-in sounds nice, and might become a contrib plugin.
How should you structure it, well just have a look at some other contrib plug-ins.
Valgrind, ....

Offline ewww

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 10:50:44 am »
I have cleaned up the project a bit. Added doxy comments, more appropriate checks for null pointers. That should make the code more reusable and stable. Hope someone actually makes use of it :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:00:17 am by ewww »

boshuizw

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 12:30:28 am »
Hi all, I'd like to use the plug in for code coverage on some of my Code::Blocks projects, however I'm getting the following error when I tried to download and run the plug in project file.

error: bad value (core2) for -march= switch
error: bad value (core2) for -mtune= switch

I'm assuming this could have a work around in the project build options, but I've been unable to find a workable solution.  Does anyone have any insights to this error.

Thank you

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 06:14:58 am »
I'm assuming this could have a work around in the project build options, but I've been unable to find a workable solution.  Does anyone have any insights to this error.
Check the compiler options and disable this switch. Most likely you are using a very old compiler that does not support that options or a branched compiler suite.

Next time please provide more information about your platform, version (C::B/compiler) etc. you are using. Otherwise it's hard to tell. Also see my sig on how to troubleshoot a compiler issue...
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline danselmi

• Developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 12:04:52 am »
I recently worked on this plugin.

It has its own repo now:
https://github.com/danselmi/cbGcov

But now I am stuck with one problem:
The summary report should span over the whole panel, but it stayes small (see attachment) until the panel gets resized or the panel becomes active again. Probably i made a mistake with the sizer related settings.

Any help is welcome.

Offline danselmi

• Developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 11:24:58 pm »
So, I found some time to work on this.

Summary table spans the whole panel.
Editor showing call statistics and annotated branch and call infos.
made nicer looking icons.

repo is still here: https://github.com/danselmi/cbGcov

We use it regularly at work, it is stable and usefull.

Regards, danselmi