Author Topic: Interface tweak for compiler options  (Read 7579 times)

Offline duncanka

• Multiple posting newcomer
Interface tweak for compiler options
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:34:21 am »
Might it be possible to set up project build options such that the interface allows the user to turn off a particular option?  For example, I might want to have RTTI enabled in global options, but for one particular project I might want to turn it off.

I was thinking this might be done by making the checkboxes in the dialog 3-state, with the 3rd state user-settable, so that the 3rd state means default global settings, checked is on, and unchecked is off.  (Of course, this is probably far more complicated than I care to imagine, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.)

Also, just as a side note: when I upgraded to RC2, I found that the addition of the SDCC compiler to the list of available compilers threw off my project options, because they were trying to use a custom compiler whose location on the list had changed.  Might it be wise to store the project's information about a particular build's compiler as more than just a number?  (Right now it's something like: <Option compiler="0"/>.)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Interface tweak for compiler options
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 10:03:05 am »
Yes, these are issues already identified and planned for post-1.0, when the compiler framework will be redesigned...
Thanks for the suggestions.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

lukeH

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 07:05:19 am »
Ah, this would be great, and on this note, I'd like to request a similar item.
The scenario I have is:

I want all projects to have a small set of libraries added in the linker section.
This however, should not be true for static libraries, because of multiple definition problems.

I'd love to be able to say that the default compiler includes the libraries blah, blah2, libblah.a, whatever - and then specifiy at project level some way of disabling 'inherited' libaries.  I'm not quite sure of the best interface for this.  Perhaps the inherited libaries could be displayed in the list with checkboxes next to them.

This would be particularly useful to me as I use windows, and always need kernel32, user32 etc. for applications, but not static libs.
Anyone who can extend this concept, please do.
Cheers
 - Luke

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 08:03:49 am »
Why not create a project the way you like it and saving it "as template"?

lukeH

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 08:28:12 am »
I guess you're right, that is probably the easier way.  I just thought I'd mention the idea as it seemed related to the previous post.
I still haven't used the user-defined templates much.
Must fiddle around a bit more.  :)

Cheers,
 - Luke