Author Topic: Compiling Code::Blocks with wxMotif toolkit, error regarging wxscintilla.  (Read 5062 times)

Offline mghis

• Single posting newcomer
Hi all.

I'm trying to compile and install the latest version of Code::Blocks with the OSF/MOTIF port of wxWidgets, wxMotif; instead of the qt or gtk port.
I got an error regarding wxScintilla. I think it's a wxMotif bug, so I'm asking can I disable the wxScintilla deps in Code::Blocks?

Has anyone compiled Code::Blocks with wxMotif?

Thank you for any reply.

PS: Hope I'm posting in the right section.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Code::Blocks uses it's own fork of wxScintilla, because it's not maintained upstream since a long time.
You have to use wxWidgets with wxSTC disabled, otherwise you will most likely run into errors.
You can not disable C::B's (wx)Scintilla, because we use a lot of C::B specific patches.

Offline mghis

• Single posting newcomer
Code::Blocks uses it's own fork of wxScintilla, because it's not maintained upstream since a long time.
You have to use wxWidgets with wxSTC disabled, otherwise you will most likely run into errors.
You can not disable C::B's (wx)Scintilla, because we use a lot of C::B specific patches.
Thank you very much for your reply.  :)

I hope your version of wxScintilla works even on wxMotif.

Can you help me disabling wxSTC? Thank you again!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
wxSTC is not enabled on wx2.8 as far as I know on wx29 you have to configure wxWidgets with --disable-stc and for both you have to use --disable-stl or C::B will not compile.
But I guess C::B will not compile with wxMotif anyways without modification, but I never tried it.