Author Topic: Problem loading plugins (two libcodeblocks loaded simultaneously)  (Read 3208 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status

It seems I've made this change, because without it CB can't find the core plugins when starting it from inside C::B...
And I don't know why...
Guess what: it's the same for me on Linux now. :-( but only Linux. Did you talk about Windows?
Works fine here if compiled from inside, does not work (and can not work) if compiled with automake-system, because the directory layout is different.

See here for bug description: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,10908.msg89436.html#msg89436

Hello, I've found the real reason for this bug  :lol:
I've codeblocks installed in /usr and my plugin is linked to this version of the SDK's lib.
My plugin is located in ~/.codeblocks/...
When C::B is started from inside C::B, it uses svn_root/src/devel/libcodeblocks.x.x.x.so instead of the global one.
And now the fun part, C::B loads my plugin, but my plugins requires the systems SDK lib, so the dynamic linker loads it.
As a result the C::B process has two SDK libs loaded and the static variables in the ConfigManager are broken, probably the whole C::B won't work correctly.

Is this problem fixable in the C::B's source? Or I should use another profile when debugging C::B?
Also why the user's plugins are loaded before the core plugins?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Problem loading plugins (two libcodeblocks loaded simultaneously)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:14:00 pm »
Hm, seems that -p doesn't disabled loading plugins from ~/.codeblocks :(
And --safe-mode seems to be ignored :(
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 07:16:16 pm by oBFusCATed »
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]