Author Topic: Building with wxWidgets 2.9  (Read 36541 times)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Building with wxWidgets 2.9
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2012, 09:28:19 am »
Did you turn off all the debugging options in wxWidgets 2.9?
Because I could see them taking a lot of CPU time to run.
No, and this might be the reason.
I will not dig into it deeper for now, because I need the asserts to find more issues with wxWidgets (not only 2.9), that will otherwise silently be ignored.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Building with wxWidgets 2.9
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2012, 11:06:19 am »
I have two patches here, to solve wx2.9 issues.

One issue leads to a crash in projectfiledialog, because of incorrect settings for wxGridSizer (columns and rows have to match the amount of children) and will surely not do any harm.

The other leads to a frozen (not repainted) application after splitting or unsplitting an editor.
This issue is most likely a wxGTK only issue and is related to reparenting the controls while the editor is frozen.
I have a patch here for this, that thaws the editor before the call to Reparent() and freezes it directly after.
I wrapped in #if defined ( __WXGTK__ ) && wxCHECK_VERSION(2, 9, 0), but before committing it, I would like to ask, whether it is really only a wxGTK issue or also happens on wxMSW.
The second question is, if it also happens with wxwidgets < 2.9.4 (the one I use for test). To be sure I check for wx2.9.0, but this might not be correct.

I will build a (real) debug version of wxWidgets and try to track down the bug and probably provide a patch for wxwidgets or at least file a bug-report with a simple testcase.