User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Using FLTK and Creating FLTK project

(1/2) > >>

tcsmith:
From C::B main page I click "Create a New Project", when the wizard comes up I click FLTK Project then go.  I type in a Project name, click next and the next wizard page reads "Please select FLTK location".  I use the browse button and navigate to the location that I have FLTK downloaded. When I click next I get an error message that reads

With fltk-1.1.10 I get, "The path you entered seems valid, but the wizard can't locate the include directory.  The wizard cannot continue."

With fltk-1.1.8 I get, "The path you entered seems valid, but the wizard can't locate the following FLTK's include file: Fl.h in it."

Neither version of FLTK that I downloaded had an "include" folder so I tried what one post suggested and created one and copied the contents of the "FL" folder into it, didn't work.  None of the other posts seemed to help me much.  I didn't find much on FLTKs website or by google searching. 

Does anyone know of a website/forum/etc. that has clear instructions for getting FLTK working with C::B ?

Thanks

tpieciak:
I had had the same problem with FLTK and C:B.
I have chosen New project as a "Empty project" and then supplemented include and library paths manually.

It is my escape method of this error. Good luck!

stahta01:
What Compiler name and version?
Did either of you Compiler FLTK for your Compiler?
If not, how did use get the Library?

Tim S.

tcsmith:
I downloaded the CodeBlocks about 6 weeks ago so whatever compiler and version that would be. (I'm at work so don't have access to the program)

I downloaded fltk from www.fltk.org about a month ago and got both fltk-1.1.8 and -1.1.10.

I have not tried "Compiler FLTK for my Compile", I'm not sure what exactly your talking about with that.

Thanks for any help you can provide Tim.

Tpieciak,
as a back up I'll try your method.  Thanks.

stahta01:
These are NOT trick questions!!
If you do not know the answer then that is likely why it does not work for you.

Note: Code::Blocks IS NOT an Compiler!!!!!

What Compiler are you using?
What version of the Compiler are you Using?

How did you Compile the source code of the FLTK Library? Or, where did you get an precompiled/binary library/DLL?

Edit: If you got precompiled/binary library/DLL, what is the full filename?

Tim S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version