Author Topic: Looking for source control software to use with code blocks  (Read 6778 times)

Lazy Foo

Looking for source control software to use with code blocks
« on: October 13, 2009, 07:42:23 am »
I'm undertaking my first big solo project and I'd like some sort of source control to make keeping multiple versions of my source code and backing up the source fairly easy.

What's a good (free) source control that works well with code blocks?

zabzonk

Re: Looking for source control software to use with code blocks
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 10:12:43 am »
Just about any of the popular free source control tools should do the job - you can integrate them with CB via the Tools menu. I use Tortoise Subversion (which is great) and have, for example, this entry in my tools configuration to do a project commit:

Name: Commit:
Executable: TortoiseProc.exe
Parameters: /command:commit /path:${PROJECT_DIR}
Working directory:

and this one to do a file diff:

Name: Diff
Executable: TortoiseProc.exe
Parameters: /command:diff /path:${ACTIVE_EDITOR_FILENAME}
Working directory:

mariocup

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 09:50:18 pm »
Hello,

for TortoiseSVN it exists a powerful plugin in Code::Blocks. Look in the CB forums to get the source code. If you will not find it, I will send you the latest source code.

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 10:20:29 pm »
Hello,

for TortoiseSVN it exists a powerful plugin in Code::Blocks. Look in the CB forums to get the source code. If you will not find it, I will send you the latest source code.

How about Bazaar? Does a plugin adding Bazaar source control in CB exist?

As a reference, I would ideally like an integration of source control where file icons or colors change according to source control status in the "Projects" tree view in CB, but will obviously settle for simpler solutions.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:47:36 pm »
How about Bazaar? Does a plugin adding Bazaar source control in CB exist?

As a reference, I would ideally like an integration of source control where file icons or colors change according to source control status in the "Projects" tree view in CB, but will obviously settle for simpler solutions.

I have no Idea if one exists; but, Bazaar sounds like a good version control for source code.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline theOcelot

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 02:49:05 am »
I second TortoiseSVN. I don't use a plugin though. When I need to do SVN stuff, I just go to the shell or Explorer window and do it outside; Code::Blocks is completely oblivious to my version control.

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 05:58:51 pm »
I second TortoiseSVN. I don't use a plugin though. When I need to do SVN stuff, I just go to the shell or Explorer window and do it outside; Code::Blocks is completely oblivious to my version control.

I have the same situation with TortoiseBZR, also an excellent solution for Windows (much like TortoiseSVN). But the shells are different on different systems (Gnome vs. KDE vs. Windows) so it would be very nice if Bazaar (or another portable source control system) had some basic GUI support within Code::Blocks.

And people expect it if they have used Visual Studio.

Offline Greatwolf

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 03:13:55 am »
So is this plugin still being updated and bundled with C::B? I can't seem to locate this in the trunk.