rem  create fake drive x:
rem ntsubst x: C:\wxWindows-2.4.2
subst  x: C:\wxWindows-2.4.2
x:
cd \src
rem you need to get nmake and rc from somewhere. IIRC i used ones from msvc6.0
rem nmake -f makefile.vc FINAL=1 cleanall
nmake -f makefile.vc FINAL=1 BUILD=release SHARED=1 RUNTIME_LIBS=dynamic all
rem nmake -f makefile.vc FINAL=1 BUILD=release SHARED=0 RUNTIME_LIBS=dynamic all

--- End code ---

But i haven't sucesed to compile DLL yet, only statically linked lib. Some piece of wx documentation is missing so i don't sure how to compile DLL

Maybe i'll copypaste some compiler parameters from makefiles and try compiling it from code::blocks again. I had to do it to compile demos and samples to work with static lib.

mandrav:

--- Quote ---But i haven't sucesed to compile DLL yet, only statically linked lib
--- End quote ---

You just have to add WXMAKINGDLL=1 in the nmake command line  :mrgreen:

Yiannis.

Anonymous:
Tried that... Looked at makefiles today, and found mistake in src/makefile.vc , it contains

--- Code: ---
cd msw
nmake -f makefile.vc FINAL=$(FINAL)
cd $(THISDIR)

--- End code ---

and WXMAKINGDLL is not passed any further, heh.

Invoked src/msw/makefile.vc directl, got "missing delayimp.lib"... removed delayed DLL loading stuff and compiled ok. Examples works. (except always needed to remove odbc32.lib and odbccp32.lib from linker options . Have no idea why everyone link with unnecessary libs...)

Anonymous:
BTW, i found small bug:

When importing microsoft visual c++ project, it asks what compiler to use. I choose "microsoft visual c++ toolkit 2003" . Then it asks to "convert compiler/linker command line switches to GCC's switches , yes/no?" . I choose "no" . Then i open project->build options , and see that while in project settings itself, visual c++ toolkit is selected, in "default target" ,GCC is selected. It prevents things from compiling.

mandrav:
I 'll fix this asap. Thanks.

Yiannis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version