User forums > Help

"Command execution failed..."

(1/2) > >>

Anonymous:
First, thanks to developers for great IDE.

Second, problem:
I'm truing to compile wxWidgets from codeblocks, using Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 compiler. I imported project, changed secttings apporiately, etc, it mostly compiles. But:
After compiling quite many files (but not all), i get  "Command execution failed..." error

I tried starting compiling again, and got that:

--- Code: ---
Project   : wxWindows
Compiler  : Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 (called directly)
Directory : C:\wxWindows-2.4.2\src\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switching to target: default
Command execution failed...

--- End code ---

What exactly it means, and what to do with it? Seems that it's codeblocks-related thing.

prr:
Hi
in Setting/Configure Plugins/Compiler
select the correct compiler,
click on the "Other" tab and
set "Compiler Logging" combo to "Full Command Line"
than post again the compiler log

tnx, walter

Anonymous:
Fixed it... rc wasn't in path. Thanks for "full command line" tip.

mandrav:
When "Command execution failed" appears, switch to the "Code::Blocks Debug" message tab. It contains the failed command line.
To display this tab, if it is not visible, go to Settings/Environment (you will have to restart CB to show it).

Yiannis.

mandrav:
Another thing: I wanted to create a project file for wx compilation but haven't found the time yet. If you succeed and you want to contribute, send me the working project file you created so that I can put it on a web page (along with project files for other compilers). I was planning on putting together a small HOWTO for wx compilation, but this would simplify things a lot...

Today I created the GCC project file for wx :)

Thanks,
Yiannis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version