Author Topic: Error Building latest under CentOS 5.5  (Read 6921 times)

Offline surje

• Single posting newcomer
Error Building latest under CentOS 5.5
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:21:48 pm »
I am trying to build Code::Blocks on the following system:
    CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
    gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-48)
    wxGTK-2.8.10-1

I tried building from both the latest stable version of the source code and from a fresh SVN checkout.

In both cases I get same error:
 g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../src/include -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/x11univ-ansi-debug-static-2.8 -I/usr/local/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXUNIVERSAL__ -D__WXX11__ -pthread -I./include -I./src/scintilla/include -I./src/scintilla/src -DSCI_LEXER -DLINK_LEXERS -DGTK -D__WX__ -Ulinux -Uunix -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF -g -O2 -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -MT wxscintilla.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/wxscintilla.Tpo -c src/wxscintilla.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/wxscintilla.o
src/wxscintilla.cpp: In constructor 'wxScintillaEvent::wxScintillaEvent(wxEventType, int)':
src/wxscintilla.cpp:4906: error: 'wxDrag_CopyOnly' was not declared in this scope

Searching, wxDrag_CopyOnly is in dnd.h, which is included in ScintillaWX.h, which is included by  wxscintilla.cpp.
But, it is inside, #if wxUSE_DRAG_AND_DROP, so I'm guess my configuration is lacking the item the sets this?
What else do I need to install/configure?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Error Building latest under CentOS 5.5
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:33:31 pm »
-I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/x11univ-ansi-debug-static-2.8

The above line raises questions; wxGTK needs to exist and is normally Unicode instead of ANSI and is shared instead of static; and I have no idea if universal version works. NOTE: wxX11 is not enough for Code::Blocks.

Note: I am primary a Windows person; so, the above might be normal.

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Linux

Do you have wxGTK dev installed?
If not try installing it.

Tim S.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:37:38 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:47:02 pm »
It looks like a selfbuild or at least not official-build.

If selfbuild try something like this for configure:
Code
../configure --prefix=/home/jens/wx-tmp --with-zlib=sys --disable-reserved-virtual --with-gtk --enable-mediactrl --enable-sound --with-sdl --enable-display --enable-geometry --enable-graphics_ctx --with-libtiff=sys --with-libjpeg=sys --with-libpng=sys --enable-unicode --with-opengl --disable-stl --enable-aui

you have to use another prefix of course.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:51:40 pm by jens »

Offline surje

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 01:39:03 am »

Making good progress.  The glib and gtk I had (from yum) were very old, I rebuilt lastest versions of them and have made much better progress.

Still have a couple of errors
In DoxyBlocks,  wxRE_ADVANCED was undefined.
This is ifdef'd out with  #ifdef wxHAS_REGEX_ADVANCED in wx/regex.h and has the potenial value of 1.
I set to 1 and continued build to see what would happen.  Note sure what the right fix is.

I had to manually add -I<my boost path> to the Makefile in /trunk/src/plugins/contrib/NassiShneiderman

Then I get to here and am out of ideas:

Making all in cb_share_config
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/aaa/Downloads/cb/svn/trunk/src/tools/cb_share_config'
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=link g++  -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF -g -O2 -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions   -o cb_share_config  app.o mainframe.o -L../../base/tinyxml -ltinyxml -L/usr/local/lib -pthread   -lwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_aui-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_html-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.8 -lwx_baseu_xml-2.8 -lwx_baseu_net-2.8 -lwx_baseu-2.8  -lpthread -ldl
g++ -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF -g -O2 -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -o cb_share_config app.o mainframe.o -pthread  -L/home/aaa/Downloads/cb/svn/trunk/src/base/tinyxml /home/aaa/Downloads/cb/svn/trunk/src/base/tinyxml/.libs/libtinyxml.a -L/usr/local/lib -lwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_aui-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_html-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.8 -lwx_baseu_xml-2.8 -lwx_baseu_net-2.8 -lwx_baseu-2.8 -lpthread -ldl
app.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTV5MyApp[vtable for MyApp]+0x44): undefined reference to `wxApp::Initialize(int&, wchar_t**)'
mainframe.o: In function `MainFrame::TiXmlLoadDocument(wxString const&, TiXmlDocument*)':
/home/aaa/Downloads/cb/svn/trunk/src/tools/cb_share_config/mainframe.cpp:754: undefined reference to `wxFile::Access(wchar_t const*, wxFile::OpenMode)'
/home/aaa/Downloads/cb/svn/trunk/src/tools/cb_share_config/mainframe.cpp:757: undefined reference to `wxFile::wxFile(wchar_t const*, wxFile::OpenMode)'
mainframe.o: In function `wxStringBase':
/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:368: undefined reference to `wxStringBase::InitWith(wchar_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)'

Offline surje

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 04:39:08 pm »
I updated my version of autoconf to the latest (wasn't too far behind though), did a svn update, and then did a ./configure --with-contrib-plugins=all and now I get:

configure: line 22912: AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG: command not found
./configure: line 22913: syntax error near unexpected token `2.8.0,'
./configure: line 22913: `AM_PATH_WXCONFIG(2.8.0, wxWin=1)'

So I tried to run bootstap against and got:
configure.in:77: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:78: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_WXCONFIG

Do I need to clean something out?

BTW:  I went back and rebuilt wxWidgets.  I did notice that in their readme-gtk.txt and install-gtk.xt files there are different directions for building.
one states to ../configure and the other ..configure --with-gtk, have tried both doesn't seem to change anything.

Offline surje

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 11:02:17 pm »
Good news and bad news.

Good news:  I had a corrupt version of pango - got that cleaned up and the 10.05 latest stable version builds and runs!

Bad news:  I wiped my svn trunk, did a new/clean checkout,  and I still get:
configure.in:77: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:78: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_WXCONFIG

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!