Author Topic: Making a release build run on a different computer.  (Read 4470 times)

Offline ZXCBOMB!

• Single posting newcomer
Making a release build run on a different computer.
« on: August 19, 2010, 08:15:09 pm »
Hello i have two computers. Both of them have Ubuntu Linux on them. On one computer i have code::blocks with all the libs i need to run my app. On the other computer i don't. I do this intentionally so i can see if it will run on computers that are used by people who are not developers and more than likely don't have all the Dependencies needed to run the app. So i guess what i need is a way to make an installer program or to compile the app with all necessary libs attached.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Making a release build run on a different computer.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:31:13 pm »
Hello i have two computers.
Nice speech. Mind telling what exactly your problem is and how this is related to Code::Blocks? Code::Blocks is an IDE, not a packaging solution.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline ZXCBOMB!

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:46:30 pm »
well i hope i didn't offend you. yes i know code:blocks is an IDE but i thought maybe it had some extra tools for this problem. i guess if code:blocks does not come with tools to help me with my problem it doesn't relate to code::blocks at all. but that doesn't mean you couldn't of helped me. i think i was fairly clear about what it was that i was having issues with. so forgive me for asking for help about something that i wasn't sure was related to code::blocks.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 12:06:22 am »
ZXCBOMB: link statically all your libs or learn how to make deb files
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ZXCBOMB!

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 12:13:42 am »
oBFusCATed:  thank you for your answer i will look into that.