Author Topic: Trouble running app outside of ide  (Read 4847 times)

Offline ZXCBOMB!

• Single posting newcomer
Trouble running app outside of ide
« on: August 10, 2010, 07:23:55 pm »
hello im new to code blocks add i just ported over a simple console app from windows vc++ to Ubuntu codeblocksc++ and everything works fine. but when i try to run the app as a stand alone app i double click it and nothing happens. if i open it from terminal it works fine. but i really just want to be able to open it by itself.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: Trouble running app outside of ide
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:43:04 pm »
That is normal behavior in *nix. It has nothing to do with Code::Blocks itself.

Offline ZXCBOMB!

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:53:30 pm »
thanks for the reply. i don`t mean to offend but it doesn't really help much. could you at least point me in the right direction. i mean it should be pretty simple but if codeblocks has nothing to do with it then what do i need to do to Linux to make it open up my app?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 09:00:34 pm »
If it's a console app it needs either a real console/terminal or a terminal-emulator to have visible output under X.

Offline ZXCBOMB!

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 09:07:33 pm »
so theres no way to get terminal to open it automatically when i double click it. if thats true then oh well i guess thanks for the help anyways.

i have one extra question to ask. how do i get the compiler/ide to make a release build. thanks everyone for the help.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 10:10:37 pm »
Choose the Release build target if you're using a project template coming with C::B
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]