Author Topic: Feedback on user interface  (Read 5648 times)

lemontea

Feedback on user interface
« on: November 06, 2005, 11:59:09 am »
This is my first post, hope no one mentioned these already :o

• In rc2, the message pane at bottom always occupy the whole bottom, while I wanted to make the management pane occupy the whole vertical part and let the message indent, just like how it was in rc1.
  • The build target dropdown box is way too wide, and this forces the debugging pane to a second line. I had to change the icon to small to accomodate them all in one line. It would be nice if the width of the box can be modified.
  • When compiling a workspace, abort can only abort the project being compiled, and it automatically goes on to compile the next one. There should be a big red "Abort all" button in case something catastrophic happen(which happens quite often to me when I try to compile library under mingw) to stop compiling ALL project at once. What happen now is that if the workspace has 20 projects and I noticed something goes terribly wrong, I can only either wait or ctrl+alt+del
  • It would be a nice addition to functionality if the symbols in management can show classes, functions, etc files by files, not on the scale of the whole project. And may be the order in which methods, data in a class is presented can be specified to alphabetical, by type, by the order they appear in file, etc. This helps when the file mix methods, data members together, and I just want to see them listed neatly one by one.

That's all I can remember now. Thanks again for this high quality product! :P

takeshimiya

Re: Feedback on user interface
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 07:33:35 am »
1) wxDockIt's fault.

2) You can go to %CodeBlocks%/share/CodeBlocks/compiler_gcc.zip and in compiler_toolbar.xrc or compiler_toolbar_16x16.xrc modify
    <object class="wxComboBox" name="idToolTarget">
        <content/>
        <size>-1,-1</size>
        <style>wxCB_READONLY</style>
    </object>

to something more reasonable:
    <object class="wxComboBox" name="idToolTarget">
        <content/>
        <size>100,-1</size>
        <style>wxCB_READONLY</style>
    </object>

I agree that the default is too wide.

3) This should be addressed. Submit a bug report/feature request.

4) This would requiere a real C++ parser.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Feedback on user interface
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 09:16:09 am »
It would be a nice addition to functionality if the symbols in management can show classes, functions, etc files by files, not on the scale of the whole project. And may be the order in which methods, data in a class is presented can be specified to alphabetical, by type, by the order they appear in file, etc. This helps when the file mix methods, data members together, and I just want to see them listed neatly one by one.
4) This would requiere a real C++ parser.

Actually, this is supported in CVS version.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...