Author Topic: invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]  (Read 6546 times)

OrbitalCow

"codeThing - Debug" uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]. Skipping...
Nothing to be done.

When I built my program, this showed up. Sorry if this has been asked a million times. My compiler is GNU GCC or something of that sort. If I download it, how would I configure it to compile my code?
PS the code I was running was just the default Hello World code.
Thank you in advance.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 10:12:18 pm »
When I built my program, this showed up. Sorry if this has been asked a million times. My compiler is GNU GCC or something of that sort. If I download it, how would I configure it to compile my code?

If you are on windows, I suggest to use TDM's MinGW (http://tdragon.net/recentgcc/), because it has a good installer and even a beginner should be able to get a working compiler.

Install the compiler and start C::B.

Go to "Settings -> Compiler and debugger -> Global compiler settings -> GNU GCC compiler -> Toolchain executables" and try to autodetect the compilers masterpath. If that does not work (depends on the installation path), set it manually.
It's the path to the compilers installation-root, the folder that contains bin, include and so on (not the bin-folder itself).
You might have to fix the executables names below.
Ther is normally no need to touch any of the tabs before the toolchain-tab.

If you run into trouble while compiling or linking, you might want to turn on full commandline logging on the "Other settings" tab, to see which commands are really sent to the compiler.

Hootenany

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 09:17:08 pm »
Hi! I have just started programming and it seems like you know what you are talking about.  :) I have the same problem but I am using a Macbook Pro. I recently bought "C++ All-In-One-For-Dummies". I don't know any of the vocabulary and if you could help me that would be AMAZING!!! Thank you so so so so much!

winajay

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 03:28:22 pm »
HI I am getting the same invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!] error message. I am using an ubuntu 10.04 laptop. I dont have the arm-elf- installed in my laptop. How do i install the arm-elf / gnu arm gcc compiler.. .Please help me out for the successful compilation of arm programs.

Regards,
Ajay

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 12:36:02 pm »
HI I am getting the same invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!] error message. I am using an ubuntu 10.04 laptop. I dont have the arm-elf- installed in my laptop. How do i install the arm-elf / gnu arm gcc compiler.. .Please help me out for the successful compilation of arm programs.

Regards,
Ajay

Go to Google and type in "installing arm-elf" without the quotes.
There, you'll find instructions for OSx, Linux, and windows.

Then look at Menu->Setting->Compiler and Debugger-> ToolChain (tab)