Author Topic: C::B... simply the best.  (Read 7407 times)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
C::B... simply the best.
« on: November 03, 2005, 10:36:14 pm »
Dear Code::Blocks community,

I am using C::B quite for a while now - privately as well as at work (I'm a PhD student, programming a lot) in more-or-less daily use. I just wanted to state that it is really, really a very good and helpful project. I've first started by just using C::B for little projects, meanwhile I've adopted my whole codebase at work (around 1000 files after all) and it simply works. Then I've managed it to include even Fortran projects (that I am forced to work on :lol:) where I've never had an IDE at all (which was a pain). Meanwhile it's even supported easily without any tweaks. Then I started to compile C::B from CVS because I couldn't wait for the new features added to CVS anymore. It just keeps keeps growing and getting better. Just as of today I've even managed to have a look inside the PlugIn framework, gave it a ty and it worked from scratch. Allthough I've filed some issues on SourceForge I just wanted to say that on my machine it is running really stable and (again:) it just works! Since I've started programming I was always searching for a cross-platform IDE as Code::Blocks. Now I've landed. Thank you all, guys.

Morten
(...just happy at the moment. :P)
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: C::B... simply the best.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 11:18:30 pm »
 :oops: 8) :lol:
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 11:46:35 pm »
Is there any way i can "tag" this thread, so I can find it when i want to add it to the testimonies page? ( I have a *VERY BAD* memory)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 11:59:27 pm »
nice testimony, especially the "bad memory" part  8)

sethjackson

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 12:02:54 am »
Is there any way i can "tag" this thread, so I can find it when i want to add it to the testimonies page? ( I have a *VERY BAD* memory)

Bookmark it. :lol: But then you might forget to look in your bookmarks.  :shock:

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 02:33:16 am »
make it sticky :)

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 07:12:15 am »
Agreed.

It's still rough around the edges, but it's damn good. I like that when I update the thing, I'm impressed at the progress and improvments, instead of wondering what broke this time.  :lol:
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~