User forums > Using Code::Blocks

[solved] CB compiles, but won't run

(1/3) > >>

squizzz:
Hi,

I've tried to compile&run CB on Linux for some time already, but have never succeeded.
Now when RC2 with Autotools support came up, I feel I'm almost there, but still few things prevents me from being successful.

I've tried installing RC2 on my SuSE10 box at least 2 times:

First time, I used Autotools - everything worked quite well, C::B compiled fine (unfortunately the only wxGTK-devel I've found was 2.6.0.1) but won't run - simply nothing happens, nothing appears, etc.

Second time, I installed SuSE10 rpm someone posted here. It installed well, integrated with YaST, etc, but ends up the same - won't run, nothing appears, etc.

So, my questions are:
- what additional (runtime or devel) packages are needed?
- does CB installation on Linux requires manual wxWidgets compilation?

Thanks,
Jan

doscott:
Try running from a command terminal. I have found that if you build the wx library with debugging enabled there is a ton of stuff getting dumped that you won't see unless you run from a terminal, that makes it look like it's dead.

It can also be a case of the wx library is not in the path, and you will also see that info when running from the command line.

mandrav:
No, it works just fine with any wxGTK version your distro uses.
After installation, you should run ldconfig.
And try launching C::B from command-line to see any messages...

squizzz:
Thanks, that was enough to give the next clue, which is:

--- Quote ---codeblocks: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk_xrc-2.6.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
--- End quote ---

It seems that I do not have libwx_gtk_xrc-2.6.so.0 anywhere on my drive, but instead there is libwx_gtk2_xrc-2.6.so.0.
And it seems that I need different runtime libraries for wxWidgets, right...? (I'm a Linux newbie) 

sethjackson:
I think you need wxGTK + the XRC lib..... and the wxGTK lib is something like libwx_gtk2-2.6.so.0.... I don't use Linux that much (shame shame, mainly becuase I am a PC gamer and well DirectX games don't work to well on Linux) but assuming that the wxGTK lib is named similar to the wxGTK XRC lib the lib name should be something like that.......

Anyways OT, but your sig is soooooooooo funny. Is it original?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version