Author Topic: Is that possible to enable overscrolling?  (Read 3536 times)

Offline DaviesX

• Multiple posting newcomer
Is that possible to enable overscrolling?
« on: February 23, 2014, 05:23:54 am »
Like the picture shown in the attachment, the auto-complete list is cut as the page is not be able to scroll beyond the last line. I have to enter a couple blank lines to see the rest of the list. As well, it is kind of inconvenient to stare at the bottom of the screen for the last few lines of the file. So I wonder if it is possible to scroll over the last line?

Thank you.

-------------------------------------
edit: btw, I am using Code::Blocks 12.11 under Xubuntu 13.10. It is installed from the ubuntu repository
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:29:51 am by DaviesX »

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Is that possible to enable overscrolling?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 07:59:47 pm »
12.11 is very very old.... Install a newer version.
links can be found in the wiki http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_nightly_build_on_Ubuntu at the bottom (See also)

greetings

Offline DaviesX

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 04:12:07 am »
Oh yeah, I was wanting to upgrade to newer version all the time, but the default version in 13.10 repository is still 12.11. I wonder if svn version would be stable or not?  I just apt-get installed the svn 8629. When I ran it, the splash screen flashed out right after and leaving a symbol look-up error message:

Code
codeblocks: symbol lookup error: codeblocks: undefined symbol: _ZN13cbAuiNotebook7AddPageEP8wxWindowRK8wxStringbRK8wxBitmap

I installed the codeblocks and codeblocks-contrib through apt-get
Am I doing anything wrong?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:13:50 am by DaviesX »

Offline DaviesX

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 05:40:01 am »
Ok, the error solved by manually removing all the codeblocks files of the older version. (I remember the previous version was installed from source. So anyone has similar issue may search for codeblocks occurrence and delete them all :)) But when I install the codeblocks-contrib plugins, it still crash. I'll try to look that up :(

-----------------------------------
edit: But unfortunately, I can't scroll beyond the last line in 13.12 svn, either.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:03:47 am by DaviesX »