Author Topic: Change the order of focus when Ctrl + Tab  (Read 5830 times)

Offline monoboy

• Single posting newcomer
Change the order of focus when Ctrl + Tab
« on: June 17, 2010, 01:53:29 pm »
Hi,
I just upgraded from 8 something to current v 10.05. Now switching between tabs doesn't set focus according to their last use. E.g. 3 tabs a, b, c; working in c, changing to a (with mouse or what ever), then switching back to last used tab with Ctrl + Tab leads me to b. This is really annoying. Where can I set the tabbing behavior back to as it was? Why would anyone want to tab through all open tabs from left to right anyway?

Help highly appreciated,
thanks,
TiM

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Change the order of focus when Ctrl + Tab
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 03:58:26 pm »
You might find the BrowseTracker plugin useful here.
In the Google search box enter "site:wiki.codeblocks.org browsetracker" without the quotes.

Offline monoboy

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 05:34:21 pm »
Hi Pecan,
thanks for your hint but Browse Tracker doesn't seem to be able to change the Ctrl + Tab behaviour. Setting these book~ or browse marks is way too complicated if you just want to go back to the last file modified within a blink of an eye. I've spent too much time in finding the appropriate setting resp. plugin to set CB to the more intuitive handling. Anyone an idea?
Thanks,
TiM

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 01:28:07 pm »
Hi Pecan,
thanks for your hint but Browse Tracker doesn't seem to be able to change the Ctrl + Tab behaviour. Setting these book~ or browse marks is way too complicated if you just want to go back to the last file modified within a blink of an eye. I've spent too much time in finding the appropriate setting resp. plugin to set CB to the more intuitive handling. Anyone an idea?
Thanks,
TiM

Correct; BrowseTracker does not interfere with Ctrl+Tab.

You do not have to set any bookmarks or browsemarks to return to the previously active editor, just activate BrowseTracker via its config dialog and use Alt-LeftArrow or Alt-RightArrow.

You can also use KeyBinder to add Alt-UpArrow and Alt-DownArrow (or some other key combo) to the menu items under View->Jump->Jump Back/Frwd to Jump to the last active positions of the cursor.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 01:33:23 pm by Pecan »

Offline monoboy

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 11:01:43 pm »
Hi,
yes, I know about that but still that doesn't help me out. Going through all the positions where I did some changes before I can eventually switch back to the last open file just takes ages. And is really confusing.
And honestly, I refuse to believe that such a simple thing as tabbing to the last open file rather than tabbing from left to right can't be found in CB. Especially when it was seen there before.
Since three days that keeps on annoying me - can't anyone hold me back from downgrading to v8?
Cheers,
TiM

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 11:49:51 pm »
CB switched from wxFlatNotebook to wxAuiNotebook, the later do not support the feature natively and I think it is very hard/impossible to be implemented.

Since three days that keeps on annoying me - can't anyone hold me back from downgrading to v8?
No one will and no one cares what you are using as long as you don't report problems in 8.02....

BTW. CB and wxWidgets are open source projects, the code is up there, grab it, fix the annoying thing and send a patch to the project, I'm sure both projects will accept it  :lol:
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline monoboy

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 02:33:01 am »
-> CB switched from wxFlatNotebook to wxAuiNotebook
thanks for that information

what makes yout think it's hard to implement? without having had a look on the api changing the eventhandling from "skip to next" to "skip to last used" shouldn't be difficult.

But simply because no one did it before indicates there might be some obstacles.

And btw: no reason to forget about your education, so calm down.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 04:04:20 am »
I'm not sure that I understand...(I'm not a native speaker)...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 01:23:24 pm »
I'm not sure that I understand...(I'm not a native speaker)...

I am a American English speaker and did not understand the remark either.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org