Author Topic: Post Build Script  (Read 3282 times)

sidprice

Post Build Script
« on: May 26, 2010, 06:40:13 pm »
Hello,

I have a workspace with two projects in it. One is a boot-loader the other the firmware for my product. The boot-loader project is dependent upon the firmware project and it has a post-build command that is run after the bootloader build in order to generate a merged boot-loader/firmware file for the first-time programming of the device. The problem I am seeing is that the post-build command only gets run if the boot-loader has changes that need recompiling. If there are only changes in the firmware project then the boot-loader post build command is not run and the composite image is not updated.

Any suggestions of how to run this post build command everytime the build system is run or ideally only when the firmware or the boot-loader are changed.

Thank you for any advice,
Sid.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Post Build Script
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 07:03:24 pm »
1. There is a checkbox -> "always run" for post/pre build steps (not sure if it is there in the 8.02)
2. You can try to setup an external dependency in the boot-loader project -> Project -> Properties -> Build targets -> Dependencies -> External deps (I think this is explained in the CB's manual)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]