Author Topic: nightly version does not include libraries  (Read 2941 times)

Offline goblin++

• Single posting newcomer
nightly version does not include libraries
« on: May 09, 2010, 09:49:02 am »
the latest nightly version does not include any c++ libraries, i tried to copy the mingw folder from my RC2 folder to the nightly folder but nothing happened
how to include the libraries
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:59:12 am by goblin++ »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: nightly version does not include libraries
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 10:46:59 am »
the latest nightly version does not include any c++ libraries, i tried to copy the mingw folder from my RC2 folder to the nightly folder but nothing happened
how to include the libraries

I suggest using a newer MinGW: TDragons installer makes it really easy to fetch all needed packages (http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/) .

In any case you have to set up the toolchain correctly ("Settings -> Coim piler and debugger... -> Global com piler settings -> GNU GCC Compiler -> Toolchain executables".
Check the Compiler's installation-directory, it should point to the MinGW-base folder (the one that contains bin, lib etc.) and check the correct name of the executables, because they ight differ from the default values: mingw32-gcc.exe (or something siilar) instead of gcc.exe and so on.

By the way:
your cpp-file is detected as UTF-8 (8-bit unicode) and the txt-file as UTF16-LE (16-bit unicode, little-endian with byte order mark), in the actual version (tested on linux).