User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Hit Snag in Makefile - help -lwx_gtk2_xrc

(1/2) > >>

Boder:
Everything was going peachy until this linking part. Here is the error, I added an echo in the Makefile to see the exact line.

Linking executable devel\codeblocks.exe...
g++ -o devel/codeblocks.exe -L/usr/lib -Ldevel -Lsdk/tinyxml src/.objs/prefix.o src/.objs/app.o src/.objs/dlgabout.o src/.objs/dlgaboutplugin.o src/.objs/environmentsettingsdlg.o src/.objs/main.o -lcodeblocks -lwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4 -lwx_gtk2_stc-2.4 -pthread -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib -lwx_gtk2-2.4 -mwindows
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.3/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [devel/codeblocks.exe] Error 1

I have wxGTK 2.4.2. What other libraries do I need? Any ideas? Thank you, I really want to try Code::Blocks. :D

mandrav:
You need the contrib libs for wxGTK, especially XRC and STC. If you tell us what kind of distro you have, we might be able to tell you what's the package's name.

Yiannis.

Boder:
I'm running SUSE 9.1. I installed wxGTK from the .rpm packages at ftp.suse.com. Here is what YaST shows when I search for "wx"

<a href="http://tinypic.com/1q3myu">Link to Image</a>

mandrav:
I have the feeling that the SuSE RPMs, are for GTK1. Codeblocks builds only with GTK2.
I will install SuSE here, check out all the needed prerequisites and then I 'll come back to you...

Yiannis.

Anonymous:
Okay, update time ! Yay!

I tried compiling on Ubuntu "Warty Warthog" but the wx packages were linked against gtk1 so that crashed a nd burned early. So I went back to SUSE and switched to the 9.2 directory to get packages. Now the wx_gtk version is 2.5. So I tried making code::blocks hit the first snag before finding the wxSingleChoiceDialog "fix" then I got to the last step... linking  :) but now it gives me undef. refs.

Compiling src\main.cpp...
Linking executable devel\codeblocks.exe...
g++ -o devel/codeblocks.exe -L/usr/lib -Ldevel -Lsdk/tinyxml src/.objs/prefix.o src/.objs/app.o src/.objs/dlgabout.o src/.objs/dlgaboutplugin.o src/.objs/environmentsettingsdlg.o src/.objs/main.o -lcodeblocks -lwx_gtk2_xrc-2.5 -lwx_gtk2_stc-2.5 -pthread -L/usr/X11R6/lib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib -lwx_gtk2_html-2.5 -lwx_gtk2_dbgrid-2.5 -lwx_gtk2_adv-2.5 -lwx_gtk2_core-2.5 -lwx_base_odbc-2.5 -lwx_base_xml-2.5 -lwx_base_net-2.5 -lwx_base-2.5 -mwindows
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_core-2.5.so: undefined reference to `gdk_display_get_default_cursor_size'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_core-2.5.so: undefined reference to `pango_font_family_is_monospace'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_core-2.5.so: undefined reference to `gtk_button_set_alignment'
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_core-2.5.so: undefined reference to `gtk_entry_set_alignment'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [devel/codeblocks.exe] Error 1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version