Author Topic: Native gtk look?  (Read 3902 times)

Offline Halan

• Multiple posting newcomer
Native gtk look?
« on: March 06, 2010, 01:43:56 pm »
With the new ubuntu theme coming in 10.4 Code::Blocks looks really ugly. The problem is that it isn't able to adopt the proper colors for it's theme.

(click me)

I really love CB but this is annoys me. Is there a way to support a native gtk look in CB/wxWidgets and get rid of all that theme stuff?

greets,
Halan
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:53:56 pm by Halan »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Native gtk look?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 06:58:32 pm »
Is this the new light, lightware theme?  :shock: :? It is mega ugly   :lol: :P 8)

What parts of the GUI, you don't like?

Some notes:

1. Toolbars are a wx issue I think and can't be fixed
2. Notebooks -> there is an option in settings -> environment -> notebook appearances  (but there is no native style :( )

(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ouch

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 07:37:28 am »
well you can recompile wxwidgets to not use native controls for a few controls. but really, just change your theme... there are hundreds of pre-made ones online if you don't want to make your own.

Offline Halan

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 05:50:10 pm »
well you can recompile wxwidgets to not use native controls for a few controls. but really, just change your theme... there are hundreds of pre-made ones online if you don't want to make your own.

What do you mean with "chagne your theme"? The new GTK look is really nice. But it is wxWidgets that doesn't adopt them properly.

I think the most visible difference are the tabs. Compare the WebBrowser with Code::Blocks
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 05:54:42 pm by Halan »

Offline Halan

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 10:44:04 pm »
It seems like Code::Blocks isn't using wx-Controls like wxNotebook for rendering. Would be nice if it did.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 11:58:10 pm »
It does, but it uses the more advanced wxAuiNotebook (also part of wxWidgets)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]