Author Topic: D Programming Language Support  (Read 54568 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: D Programming Language Support
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2011, 03:45:20 pm »
The code-completion is C/C++ only.
It might have worked in the past, because D looks like C/C++ (sometimes), but there is no guarantee that it will work in the future or for every project.
If you want to have CC for D in C::B the only solution is to step up and implement one.
If you use a existing parser it should not be that hard.
You only have to know to program in C++ and wxWidgets (this is not a requirement, because the lib is not that hard).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Marenz

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2011, 03:53:34 pm »
I don't want any code completion. I just want the class browser in the "Symbols" tab to work again.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2011, 04:17:24 pm »
I don't want any code completion. I just want the class browser in the "Symbols" tab to work again.
D language has the different syntax or semantic grammar, and we only have c/c++ parser. class browser also need the c/c++ parser to collect the tags/tokens.

As obf said, we only implement c/c++ parser. Currently no D parser is implemented. So, no idea to support class browser for D language.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Marenz

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2011, 06:15:49 pm »
Hmm I see. So it probably worked in the past and doesn't work anylonger because you made the parser for c++ smarter?

Is syntax hilighting related to this? Because that does still work.

--Marenz

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2011, 06:46:45 pm »
No, the syntax highlighter is implemented inside wxScintilla. The editor component, we are using.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]