Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

wxSmith - how it should look ?

(1/2) > >>

byo:
Hi everybody.
Since wxSmith has been added to C::B 1.0 RC2 release I guess some of You has already used it.

If You have any suggestions, some ideas how to improve wxSmith and make it more user-friendly, it's right place to discuss about it :)

Waiting for Your advices ;)

rickg22:
For starters, why does it look bad? There's some invisible button around there. I think it's a refresh issue.

Second - Icons should be in a 16x16 fashion, and preferredly in a toolbar or something similar.

Third - just a suggestion, but I think the widgets buttons might fit in part of the EditorBase area. If I recall correctly, I had modified the source in the SDK so the EditorBase is (or has) a wxPanel, so you can add your buttons in there.

That way, when you open an .xrc file, it's all contained in an editorbase object. No need for widgets tab in the bottom pane. (It doesn't make much sense having widget buttons while you're editing a text file, does it? :) )

Anyway, since i don't know much about wxsmith or how it works, this is all for now.

[attachment deleted by admin]

byo:

--- Quote from: rickg22 on October 28, 2005, 03:38:42 pm ---Third - just a suggestion, but I think the widgets buttons might fit in part of the EditorBase area. If I recall correctly, I had modified the source in the SDK so the EditorBase is (or has) a wxPanel, so you can add your buttons in there.

--- End quote ---

Havent thought about this. But I thing it's a good Idea. I really started to like it ;)

--- Quote ---For starters, why does it look bad? There's some invisible button around there. I think it's a refresh issue.

--- End quote ---
This won't happen when You're using RC2 release, it was added after. I guess this was caused by additional panel I've created which is sometimes drawn over other widgets. But really don't have Idea how to fix this now (it may be wxWidgets bug).

geijt:

--- Quote from: rickg22 on October 28, 2005, 03:38:42 pm ---Second - Icons should be in a 16x16 fashion, and preferredly in a toolbar or something similar.

--- End quote ---
A tabbed toolbar like Borland uses for the older Delphi versions works great, all components widgets sorted

[attachment deleted by admin]

rickg22:
Thanks for the info! I had forgotten how good it was to use Delphi (except *ugh* having to scroll for the tabs... eew)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version