Author Topic: The 27 February 2010 build (6181) is out.  (Read 158287 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 27 February 2010 build (6181) is out.
« on: February 28, 2010, 09:19:34 am »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2810_gcc441.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc441.7z

The 27 February 2010 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20100227_rev6181_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• Fixed: [Bug #15912] AStyle removes debugger break points
  • CC: fixed bug with not parsing function arguments anymore (thanks OllyDbg)
  • CC: added support for global namespace (thanks blueshake)
  • CC: handle extern keyword more intelligent (fixing missing STL statements) (thanks blueshake)
  • CC: debugger tool shows more info (flags missing so far)
  • fix a bug where local workspace was parsed as global instead of local
  • CC: another bug fix for parsing class names
  • merged scintilla branch into trunk. this brings a lot now core features
  • all changes from scintilla since v1.7 (like virtual space, more lexers, dynamic lexer loading...)
  • use wxScollingDialog to avoid large size dialogs not fitting into a certain (small) screen resolution
  • reverted problematic PipedPocess patch than accidentally slipped in
  • added Cccc, CppCheck and MouseSap plugin to NSIS installer (wxSmithAui still missing)
  • added preliminary support for TDM's GCC4 (use the *right* MINGW_BASE definition!)
  • added support for wxSmithAui plugin (modpoller, tidycmt, rndgen still missing)
  • Fixed CC parsing bug resulting to crash (preprocessor definitions inside template arguments - e.g. boost)
  • fix some issues of symbols-browser:
    if view was "Active project's symbols:" a change of the active project was not recognized;
    if view was "Current file's symbols:" the toolbar was cleared, if all files except one have been closed;
    if view was "Current file's symbols:" the symbols-browser still shows the content of the last open file, after all files have been closed
  • added missing include in infowindow.h, needed if wxUSE_POPUPWIN is not defined;
    reduced compiler warnings
  • added missing include in wxPrpgrid's odcombo.cpp, needed if wxUSE_POPUPWIN is not defined
  • Added two new script commands: ExecuteToolPlugin() and ConfigureToolPlugin().
  • Added: WX_VERSION env var to Code::Blocks project file
  • Added CallMenu() script command to call menus from scripts (e.g. "/Valgrind/Run Valgrind::MemCheck")
  • Added "Reset to defaults" button in "Environment->Docking system" settings
  • add ACTIVE_EDITOR_LINE, ACTIVE_EDITOR_LINE_0, ACTIVE_EDITOR_COLUMN, ACTIVE_EDITOR_COLUMN_0 macros pointing to the current editor's line/column (one and zero based)
  • subclassed wxAuiNotebook, to work around some annoying issues:
    C::B often crashed on linux when dragging tabs with composite effects enabled,
    Ctrl+Tab did not respect taborder after dragging tabs,
    Ctrl+Tab did not wrap at the end or the beginning,
    Ctrl+Tab jumped through all tabs, even if new tab groups have been created,
    the taborder could not be saved after reordering the tabs with drag and drop;
    see http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,11519.msg81378.html for details
  • allow the "x" to close a tab to appear on all tabs (via settings -> environment -> notebook)
  • class wizard: handle "no implementation file" correctly
  • fixed wrong scope for "ReplaceInFiles" dialog
  • applied patch #2882: call SetDesc() of the command-line parser only once
  • applied patch #2865: categorize source files regardless of their capitalization
  • applied patch #2869 to fix bug #16076: file manager: allow ANSI builds to dump char* to file (no changes for unicode build)
  • applied patch #2888: cosmetic fix of projectfile.cpp
  • avoid crashes in wx-2.9, due to incorrect dimensions of wxFlexGrid in editor-configuration dialog, see http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,11952.msg81411.html#msg81411 for details
  • fix a drag and drop bug in wxScintilla: on linux only copying was allowed, not moving of selected text
  • Fixed: [Bug #16809] scriptedwizard clean and uninstall leaves file behind _correctly_
  • Fixed: [Bug #16808] codesnippets clean and uninstall leaves file behind _correctly_
  • added SFML project wizard and template (applying patch #2851)
  • CodeSnippets 1.3.120 2010/02/11
    - Fix crash when double clicking previously opened snippet
    - Copy fixes 5995 & 6000 from CB EditorManager to SEditormanager
  • Removal of file from active project is now disabled during compiling (either via 1) pressing "Delete" button or 2) by clicking "Remove file from project" menu option)
  • Applied: [Patch #2611] Make HexEditor plugin portable (no C99)
  • Applied: [Patch #2907] Fixes ConsoleRunner build on POSIX/SUS systems. (See http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/basedefs/sys/wait.h.html - For WIFEXITED etc. macros)
  • Applied: [Patch #2927] Fix for closed bug #16809 - scriptedwizard install/uninstall
  • pumped (wx)scintilla to version 2.0.3 to resolve a conflict with rectangular selections
  • Applied: [Patch #2926] Fix for closed bug #16808 - codesnippets install/uninstall
  • Fixed: Assert failure with wx-debug build
  • fixed: Assertion with wxWidgets debug-build, due to incorrect image size
  • Updated: rpm spec file to use .tar.bz2 as source tarball extension
  • Fixed: broken rpm build due to path change from icons/gnome/* to icons/hicolor/*
  • contrib-plugins: fix execution working dir and (path to) host application, so all plugins can be started and debugged from within C::B
  • BrowseTracker 1.2.93 2010/02/19
    - Diable Ctrl-Left_Mouse key usage when user sets editor multi-selection enabled.
  • Fixed: rpm build issues
  • BrowseTracker 1.2.94 2010/02/25
    - Apply patch 2886 by techy

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 27 February 2010 build (6181) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:20:30 am »
    IMPORTANT : everything is now build with the TDM-GCC 4.4.1 compiler.
    It is advised to redownload also the mingwm dll and wx dll. Also these hve been rebuild with the new compiler.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 09:31:40 am »
    As usually debian binaries (32- and 64-bit), sources and documentation packages (german and english) can be found in my repository.

See here how to use it.

stefanos_

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 10:06:49 am »
    Good morning everyone.

So let me get this straight people: Those who still using the traditional MinGW they should migrate to TDM's GCC? And if so, what's the purpose or the difference? My apologies if I sound totally out of subject but all this time I was synchronizing my code with svn and compiling it using MinGW 5.1.6 (g++ 3.4.5 to be more precise).

Can someone please advice?

Cheers.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 10:56:40 am »
    Good morning everyone.

So let me get this straight people: Those who still using the traditional MinGW they should migrate to TDM's GCC? And if so, what's the purpose or the difference? My apologies if I sound totally out of subject but all this time I was synchronizing my code with svn and compiling it using MinGW 5.1.6 (g++ 3.4.5 to be more precise).

Can someone please advice?

Cheers.
    If you compile C::B yourself, you can use the compiler you like, if it  is recent enough and works, it's okay.

If you use the newest nightly, you need http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc441.7z and http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2810_gcc441.7z, because they are build with (respectively part of) TDM's gcc 4.4.1 distribution.

stefanos_

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 11:48:36 am »
    GNU / Linux Fedora is using the latest GNU CCC 4.4.1, which basically is the same (more or less) as TDM's GCC. I will keep my current specs as they are, and for experimental purposes I will cross-compile my latest svn code under GNU / Linux Fedora, not just for local usage but for Windows as well.

I think that will do. Correct me if I am wrong.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    • OpenCV and Robotics
      • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
    « Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 03:28:04 am »
    @killerbot

Which version of TDM GCC 4.4.1 did you use to build this nightly and wxWidgets library? DW2 or SJLJ ?
    Thanks.
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 03:30:25 am by ollydbg »
    If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
    If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
    If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline pdsonic

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 04:13:47 am »
    Thank you   thank you   thank you.    :D

Since I started using code blocks about 5 years ago, I have been for the virtual space feature. A feature I used in the Borland IDE. Now it is finally here.

Thanks guys for all your hard work!

Offline nanyu

• Almost regular
    • nanyu
    « Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 06:11:35 am »
    Found a bug:

EDIt : 0. start c::b, and close all workspace. (and only "start here" page showing)
      (if a workspace been opening, everything ok.)

1. undock the Management window.
    2. active the (undocked) Management window. (by click it's caption bar)
    3. Press KEY : Ctrl + Tab
    4. C::B (svn 6181, with wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2810_gcc441) crash.

//////////////////////
    windows xp  mingw32
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:22:56 am by nanyu »

Offline nanyu

• Almost regular
    • nanyu
    « Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 06:19:17 am »
    Found another bug:

1. selected the new options : "Show close on all tabs"
    2. closed the "Symbols" tab on "Management" by click the 'x' button.
    3. press "Shift + F2"
    4. c::b crash.

//////////////////////
    windows xp  mingw32

Offline shurecki

• Single posting newcomer
    « Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 06:51:04 am »
    I am having two problems
    1. when there is a compilation error, the editor doesn't highlight the line with the error
    2. if I spend sometime with CB open but without using it, when I start using it again CB freezes forever
    Sorry about my poor english

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 07:50:11 am »
    @killerbot

Which version of TDM GCC 4.4.1 did you use to build this nightly and wxWidgets library? DW2 or SJLJ ?
    Thanks.
    should check, but I downloaded the 'all' installer and then stick with it's suggestions.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 07:51:11 am »
    @nanyu : could you report those 2 bugs in our bug tracker at berlios please.
    Many thanks.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    • OpenCV and Robotics
      • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
    « Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 07:55:15 am »
    @killerbot

Thanks.
    should check, but I downloaded the 'all' installer and then stick with it's suggestions.
    Ok, that must be SJLJ version. I use this version too.
    If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
    If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
    If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline critic

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 01:17:10 pm »
    Tab switcher by Ctrl+Tab sometimes works bad - it activates tab that differs from the selected item in the popup list (that is shown by Ctrl+Tab). I don't know why this happens - I can say only that it is not a systematic bug!