Author Topic: [SOLVED]Deleted sources file[/SOLVED]  (Read 3260 times)

Offline gespion

• Single posting newcomer
[SOLVED]Deleted sources file[/SOLVED]
« on: February 23, 2010, 02:01:43 am »
Hi, I'm using code blocks with ubuntu 9.04 and i made a terrible mistake. I did'nt pay attention to a warning dialog box and now my sources files named main.c is gone. In the editor the main.c icon have a broken mark and C::B tell me he can't found it.
Trying to fix it, the executable and objects files also disappeared from their respective directory.
Waiting for a miracle :cry:, I'm asking to know if there is a way to find the main.c file or if it's irrevocably lost and I must rewrite it.
Regards gespion
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:01:25 pm by gespion »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Deleted sources file
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 07:03:22 am »
Hi, I'm using code blocks with ubuntu 9.04 and i made a terrible mistake. I did'nt pay attention to a warning dialog box and now my sources files named main.c is gone. In the editor the main.c icon have a broken mark and C::B tell me he can't found it.
Trying to fix it, the executable and objects files also disappeared from their respective directory.
Waiting for a miracle :cry:, I'm asking to know if there is a way to find the main.c file or if it's irrevocably lost and I must rewrite it.
Regards gespion

First: this question is not related to C::B and therefore violates our forum rules.

Second: Did you check the systems trashcan ?
Maybe you only moved the files in it and did not really wipe them out.
If it is empty (or does not cointain the files in question) it depends very much on your filesystem, whether you can recover the files or not,  and whether you used the partition for write operations after deleting the files.
If such a thing happen you should always remount the filesystem readonly, take a 1:1 snapshot and do not work on with the original (if possible).

You should ask this question in an ubuntu-forum or try to find a solution using your favourite (web-)search-engine.

Offline gespion

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Deleted sources file
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 04:00:17 pm »
Thanks, for help. But the trash is empty, I also try foremost for recovery but it failed. After hours, I finally decided to rewrite the entire source file :(
It's take me a lot of time but I finally succeeded.