Author Topic: Error when compiling wx 2.6.2 use C::B 1.0rc2 with VCTK2003, Is it a bug of C::B  (Read 6282 times)

cherokee

import wxWidgets-2.6.2\build\msw\wx.dsw, then compil Win32 Release. 
1. wx_base first, well.
2. wx_core, error as below:
Project   : wx_core
Compiler  : Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 (called directly)
Directory : D:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\build\msw\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----
Switching to target: Win32 Release
accesscmn.cpp
appcmn.cpp
artprov.cpp
artstd.cpp
bmpbase.cpp
bookctrl.cpp
choiccmn.cpp
clipcmn.cpp
cmdproc.cpp
cmndata.cpp
containr.cpp
cshelp.cpp
ctrlcmn.cpp
ctrlsub.cpp
datacmn.cpp
dcbase.cpp
dlgcmn.cpp
dndcmn.cpp
dobjcmn.cpp
docmdi.cpp
docview.cpp
dpycmn.cpp
dseldlg.cpp
effects.cpp
event.cpp
fddlgcmn.cpp
fldlgcmn.cpp
fontcmn.cpp
fontmap.cpp
framecmn.cpp
fs_mem.cpp
gaugecmn.cpp
gbsizer.cpp
gdicmn.cpp
geometry.cpp
gifdecod.cpp
helpbase.cpp
iconbndl.cpp
imagall.cpp
imagbmp.cpp
image.cpp
imagfill.cpp
imaggif.cpp
imagiff.cpp
imagjpeg.cpp
imagpcx.cpp
imagpng.cpp
imagpnm.cpp
imagtiff.cpp
imagxpm.cpp
layout.cpp
lboxcmn.cpp
matrix.cpp
menucmn.cpp
msgout.cpp
nbkbase.cpp
paper.cpp
popupcmn.cpp
prntbase.cpp
quantize.cpp
radiocmn.cpp
rendcmn.cpp
rgncmn.cpp
settcmn.cpp
sizer.cpp
statbar.cpp
stockitem.cpp
tbarbase.cpp
textcmn.cpp
timercmn.cpp
toplvcmn.cpp
treebase.cpp
utilscmn.cpp
valgen.cpp
validate.cpp
valtext.cpp
wincmn.cpp
xpmdecod.cpp
accel.cpp
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(89) : error C2084: function 'wxAcceleratorTable::wxAcceleratorTable(void)' already has a body
        ..\..\include\wx\msw\accel.h(27) : see previous definition of '__ctor'
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(109) : error C2084: function 'wxAcceleratorTable::~wxAcceleratorTable(void)' already has a body
        ..\..\include\wx\msw\accel.h(58) : see previous definition of '__dtor'
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(121) : error C2039: 'Add' : is not a member of 'wxAcceleratorTable'
        ..\..\include\wx\msw\accel.h(23) : see declaration of 'wxAcceleratorTable'
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(123) : error C3861: 'AllocExclusive': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(125) : error C2065: 'm_refData' : undeclared identifier
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(127) : error C3861: 'm_refData': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(130) : error C2227: left of '->m_accels' must point to class/struct/union
        type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(130) : error C2228: left of '.Append' must have class/struct/union type
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(130) : error C3861: 'm_refData': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(133) : error C2039: 'Remove' : is not a member of 'wxAcceleratorTable'
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(135) : error C3861: 'AllocExclusive': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(137) : error C2227: left of '->m_accels' must point to class/struct/union
        type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(137) : error C2228: left of '.GetFirst' must have class/struct/union type
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(137) : error C3861: 'm_refData': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(149) : error C2227: left of '->m_accels' must point to class/struct/union
        type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(149) : error C2228: left of '.Erase' must have class/struct/union type
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(149) : error C3861: 'm_refData': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(165) : error C2039: 'GetEntry' : is not a member of 'wxAcceleratorTable'
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(166) : error C2270: 'GetEntry' : modifiers not allowed on nonmember functions
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(167) : error C3861: 'Ok': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(173) : error C2227: left of '->m_accels' must point to class/struct/union
        type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(173) : error C2228: left of '.GetFirst' must have class/struct/union type
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(173) : error C3861: 'm_refData': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(198) : error C2039: 'GetMenuItem' : is not a member of 'wxAcceleratorTable'
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(199) : error C2270: 'GetMenuItem' : modifiers not allowed on nonmember functions
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(205) : error C2039: 'GetCommand' : is not a member of 'wxAcceleratorTable'
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(206) : error C2270: 'GetCommand' : modifiers not allowed on nonmember functions
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(213) : error C2509: 'CreateRefData' : member function not declared in 'wxAcceleratorTable'
..\..\src\generic\accel.cpp(218) : error C2509: 'CloneRefData' : member function not declared in 'wxAcceleratorTable'
Process terminated with status 1 (3 minutes, 40 seconds)
29 errors, 0 warnings

when I delete files in folder ''generic'' and ''univ'', it is OK:
Project   : wx_core
Compiler  : Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 (called directly)
Directory : D:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\build\msw\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switching to target: Win32 Release
Linking static library: D:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\vc_lib\wxmsw26_core.lib
version.res : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 7 seconds)
0 errors, 1 warnings

Is it a bug in C::B import *.dsp file?

by the way,delete file one by one, very boring.   If can delete entry folder will nice.

zieQ

It's a bad idea to try to compile wxWidgets using the .dsw. DSW support is incomplete: no custom commands are read! You'd better compile wxWidgets using the msw makefile.

cherokee

It's a bad idea to try to compile wxWidgets using the .dsw. DSW support is incomplete: no custom commands are read! You'd better compile wxWidgets using the msw makefile.

Is msw makefile meas \wxWidgets-2.6.2\build\msw\makefile.vc ?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
cherokee: Welcome to the wonderful world of programming! Sometimes, you have to try to find out! :) And AFAIK, there's no compiler named "VC" that doesn't belong to Microsoft ;-)

Hint: wxWidgets (at least 2.6.1) has a file called install.txt under docs\msw. Might help.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 03:46:55 pm by rickg22 »

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Hello,

Until now, I have always compiled wxWidgets using the dsw files. I use Visual Studio C++ 2003 .NET to open them, convert them, and compile the needed projects. The wxWidgets installation instructions (INSTALL-MSW.txt) describes two possibilities for "Microsoft Visual C++ compilation", i.e., dsw files or makefiles. As I am not very experienced with makefiles, I have chosen the dsw files.

May be this link can be of some help for you to:

http://wiki.wxwindows.org/wiki.pl?MSVC

Best wishes,
Michael

zieQ

I said it's a bad idea using the dsw workspace with C::B. In fact C::B support for DSW are incomplete. So, if you want to encounter some problems, keep using dsw...

Anyway, if someone want to tackle with the custom commands parsing in dsw, please let me know!

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Hello,

Ah ok, I see. I have thought that you were speaking generally. I use dsw with Visual Studio .Net 2003, but I have never tried with CB (only with solution files).

Best wishes,
Michael