User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Turn off dos window

(1/2) > >>

MikeR:
I don't use windows code. (having too much umm, fun, learning C++ to study that wacky code) I usually start my projects with a console window. The problem is that it gives that dos window in the background. In Dev-Cpp, there is a check mark in the compiler setup to turn it off. I haven't found a way to get rid of it in code::blocks.
If there is a way with codeblocks and vc toolkit 2003 to turn it off, please let me know.
If not, this is a feature request. Those dos windows suck, and make my apps look bad.
Thanks

rickg22:
Just link with -mwindows option. Well, at least that works for GCC...

obirsoy:
Setting /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS linker option will get rid off the console window. But now the entry point of the application will be WinMain (instead of main), in order to make main the entry point again (without the console window) you should also set /ENTRY:"mainCRTStartup" linker option. Note that I have used these settings with Visual Studio 2003 Professional and Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite RC1, so YMMV.

Good Luck...

spoofer:
-mwindows is deprecated, -Wl,--subsystem,windows should be used instead.

mandrav:
Just set the target as "GUI" in project options.
Stop using /subsystem commands. The above option does it for you in a compiler-neutral way...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version