Author Topic: [DOWNLOAD] Packages of Code::Blocks in your linux distro  (Read 615398 times)

juvinious

Re: Packages of Code::Blocks in your linux distro repository
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 02:51:31 pm »
pwuertz:
I took your ebuild and made some changes to it and included a patch to insert some includes and replace wxUSleep with wxUsleep and submitted them to a previous thread on bugs.gentoo.org.
Hopefully it works a little better. :)
You can get the files here: http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=89533.

Elvis Enmanuel

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 09:28:40 am »
Takeshi Miya:

I was compile wxWindows from source, the compilation works fine in my debian sarge, but no in slax
I made a self-bootable mini-slax distro for developers and contains CB and MinGw DevStudio, but the
first fails at now :(

Ains.

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 10:37:30 am »
Here are the links to Suse 9.3 RPMs:
i686: http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/rpm-navigation.php?cat=/Editors/codeblocks
x86_64/AMD64: http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-drcux/93/rpm/

Here are the info's you need when you use apt4rpm or smart:

Server: ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/ or ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/
distribution: SuSE/9.3-i386 or SuSE/9.3-x86_64
components (i686): suser-guru
components (x86_64/AMD64): suser-drcux

Daniel

P.S.: the AMD64 packages aren't available yet, but they will be in the next days.
Nightly builds for openSUSE

takeshimiya

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 03:23:32 pm »
Elvis Enmanuel: could you create a separate post detailing all the errors you get?

I assume that wxWidgets compiles fine and C::B not, right?

Offline polygon7

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Home site
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 11:00:58 pm »
C::B (CVS) Slackware (10.2) package for Athlon XP (builded with checkinstall): http://www.icpnet.pl/~groman/cb-slack/
best regards,
p7
 Free open source UML modeling tool: ArgoUML

takeshimiya

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005, 12:06:33 am »
checkinstall, what a great tool

polygon7: the package you made is i686 or Athlon XP? Because optimized for Athlon XP is not the same as i686 (Athlon XP haves 3D Now! and SSE)

BTW, a 1.0 RC2 package of C::B would be better than CVS (CVS binaries scares some people)

Elvis Enmanuel

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2005, 08:26:47 am »
 :o Hey!! many thanks

Offline polygon7

• Home site
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005, 04:37:26 pm »
polygon7: the package you made is i686 or Athlon XP? Because optimized for Athlon XP is not the same as i686 (Athlon XP haves 3D Now! and SSE)
BTW, a 1.0 RC2 package of C::B would be better than CVS (CVS binaries scares some people)

It is for Athlon XP (with 3D Now! and SSE). I put the "i686" tag into package because i don't know what is correct - "i686" or "athlon-xp". I will try to make RC2 package soon.
best regards,
p7

takeshimiya

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 05:09:04 pm »
athlon-xp would be more correct, but I'd suggest you to make an i686 package rather than a more cpu (athlon-xp) specific, so you could upload to linuxpackages.net

Offline polygon7

• Home site
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2005, 09:30:49 pm »
Ok, i've made new i686 and Athlon XP packages for Slackware ( http://www.icpnet.pl/~groman/cb-slack/ ). 8)

Edit: Packages are not available for a while. I must fix some small bugs in description file.

Edit2: Ok, descriptions are fixed. If somebody have problems with this packages then send me message, and i will try to fix them as soon as posible.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 10:32:20 pm by polygon7 »
best regards,
p7

takeshimiya

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2005, 09:57:46 pm »
Thanks to all of you for creating packages!

If you can, contact official package mantainers of your distro so they can put it in the official repository (and please post here when done).

Now, of the big distros we are missing Debian and Mandriva packages.

AlexiaDeath

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2005, 07:47:00 am »
Somebody have been compiled CB for slax/slackware? with kernel 2.6.12 or higher?

I'd compiled too many times with different options unicode/wxWidgets 2.4, 2.6, etc but
allways crash when runs for first time.

There are some tgz or .mo file compiled and ready?

the offered i686 package for slackware did not work for me... it was peristently missing some libwx library even tho i had built and installed wx 2.6.2a ... so i went into sources and compiled current CVS.

I have a slackware 10.1 system partialy upgraded to 10.2 with 2.6.13 kernel. i made a chekinstall pakage of my currently working instalation, and I can share it if you want but i take no respnsibillity for what it does to your system. I can only say it works for me.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 08:04:58 am by AlexiaDeath »

Elvis Enmanuel

Re: [DOWNLOAD] Packages of Code::Blocks in your linux distro
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 10:37:55 am »
AlexiaDeath:

Would be perfect, do you know slax? I ask you this becasuse there are some kinds of "modules" (tgz slackware packages converted to '.mo' files) and the lastest weeks I was trying to make one stable "module" of Code::Blocks (only self-installable C::B file, awesome!!!)

So, if you have got the wxWidgets compiled for slackware and the compiled version of Code::Blocks that uses this libraries I will appreciate your help.

Can you share with us? pleaaaaase? :)

Thanks.

Offline PerryWerneck

Re: [DOWNLOAD] Packages of Code::Blocks in your linux distro
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2005, 03:08:13 pm »

Hi,

I was able to build an RPM for Mandriva 2006 just correcting the wxSleep stuff. Unfortunatelly I don't have place to store it but I can send to anyone who ask for.
---
Perry Werneck
Brasilia - DF - Brazil

che

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 02:00:12 pm »
Hey there, thanks for this really great IDE!  :D

Since i have not enough time atm to start hacking on Code::Blocks i thought about how i could support it...

Well, here is the, at least as far as i know  8), first Code::Blocks-Package for Ubuntu Breezy Badger :
http://www.char0n.de/stuff/codeblocks-1.0rc2.deb

DISCLAIMER :
This is the first package i ever built, but since it doesn't do anything fancy (just copying all files to their appropriate places) it shouldn't do any harm to your PC.
The Code::Blocks-Sourcecode wasn't changed by me, its just the one you can get in the download-section.
Although it uses the same mechanism (*.deb), its unlikely that this package will work in either Debian Woody/Sarge/Sid or Ubuntu Hoary/Warty, better don't even try!

I hope this package will help a few people to get Code::Blocks working on their system.

Greets
Markus

Hi Markus,

I have installed it on Ubuntu Breezy Badger, but it does not install properly on the directories. It seems it has / as the root folder for installation rather than /usr. I do not know how to build a .deb from a .tgz. Am I doing something wrong or the .deb is not correct? I just use dpkg -i

Regards,
Pascual.