Author Topic: Two feature requests (wxSmith-related)  (Read 3440 times)

Offline kencamargo

• Multiple posting newcomer
Two feature requests (wxSmith-related)
« on: January 27, 2010, 02:15:33 pm »
Hello,

I've been using code::blocks for a while now, and as far as I am concerned it is THE environment for developing wxWidgets apps.

Putting it under heavy use made me think of two additions that would IMHO boost productivity even further:

1) Add the ability of importing a full set of GUI files (wxsmith .wxs files, .cpp and .h source files) to a project. I've been doing this manually editing the .cbp file but it's a pain and error-prone;

2) Add the possibility of saving partial GUI definitions that can be later imported and cloned into different projects (sort of on-the-fly composite GUI controls). For instance, one could define a standard dialog with a set of buttons, that could later be imported into different projects and populated with additional GUI elements. I have a small "navigation bar" for browsing through records in a database; this is something that I have to use quite often, it would be convenient to be able to add it to some repository and add to new projects as needed.

Are these feasible?

In any event, thanks for the excellent software, I cannot praise it enough.

Ken

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Two feature requests (wxSmith-related)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 03:37:11 pm »
2) Why not make/use custom control?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline kencamargo

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 04:27:51 pm »
2) Why not make/use custom control?

Not WISIWYG on wxSmith.

Ken

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 05:12:09 pm »
Yes, no property setting, but you can place the control, that is enough for me  :lol: .
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline kencamargo

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 06:29:26 pm »
Yes, no property setting, but you can place the control, that is enough for me  :lol: .

It tickles my aesthetic sense the wrong way... :)