User forums > Announcements

About few annoyances with RC2 (for some people)

<< < (2/3) > >>

orefa:

--- Quote from: rickg22 on October 26, 2005, 04:58:48 pm ---Also, at what point should we stop implementing *any* features (even minor, tiny ones) ?

--- End quote ---

Just my opinion: add NO new feature, the product is already quite good. :D Only fix known bugs then release this 1.0 version. There is an infinite amount of time to add features in new versions. Get one sturdy, official product out first, then build upon it.

takeshimiya:
Yeah I think the same, spend more time bug-fixing the actual product and changing/revamping it, rather than adding functionality. :P

MortenMacFly:
I just read a few things in the WiKi and found the article about the "personalities" feature. Very nice idea! However: When I startup RC2 with the --personality=ask (I also tried --personality="ask") parameter - as suggested in the WiKi - Code::Blocks crashes. Is it only me or is this an issue?!

Morten.

mandrav:

--- Quote from: MortenMacFly on October 28, 2005, 08:48:39 am ---I just read a few things in the WiKi and found the article about the "personalities" feature. Very nice idea! However: When I startup RC2 with the --personality=ask (I also tried --personality="ask") parameter - as suggested in the WiKi - Code::Blocks crashes. Is it only me or is this an issue?!

Morten.

--- End quote ---

Oops, it crashes indeed. From a quick glance, someone has added a debug message somewhere but it's too early to get hold of MessageManager (not initialised yet) and it crashes.
Thanks for pointing it out.

mandrav:
OK, fixed in CVS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version