User forums > Help

Can't find compiler executable error - not nice

(1/4) > >>

roussec:
Hi,

when I install RC2 it recognizes that VC Toolkit 2003 is installed and I press Set as default and on Ok. After creating a project and trying to compile I get the error'Can't find compiler executable in your search path for GNU GCC Compiler'. The default compiler is VC Toolkit 2003 but I have to manually go to Project->Properties->Target->Target's build options... and change the compiler from GNU GCC to VC Toolkit 2003. Is there a reason the default compiler is not used for new projects?

Christian

rickg22:
Can anyone else confirm this?

Michael:
Hello,

I have the same problem (or quite). I have installed CB RC2 and when starting it the default compiler was VC Toolkit 2003. Then I have created a new console project by using the template, but when compiling I have remarked that CB was using:

GNU GCC Compiler (called directly)

In the project properties, the compiler selected and default is the GNU GCC, but under Settings, the selected and default compiler is the VC Toolkit 2003.

Strange. Is this a possible bug?

Despite this "bug" (?), CB RC2 seems to work better that the previous version (but I am using it since 20 minutes). For example by loading several projects of a workspace. The only thing that requires a bit of patient is when you close more than one project to wait until CB has saved the code completion cache of each project.

Best wishes,
Michael

PS.: I have both compilers installed in my computer

rickg22:
Try creating a new project but without templates. What compiler is listed as the project's default?

Michael:
Hallo,

I have tried to create an empty project without using the template and now the compiler used is the VC Toolkit 2003. But, I have to say that I have changed manually the compiler for the previous project (template generated one). Consequently, I have re-created another project by using the template and the compiler used was again the GNU GCC. In the project build options the selected and default compiler was the GNU GCC.

May be the problem is with the template used for the new project generation.

Best wishes,
Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version