Author Topic: autotools and rev 5983  (Read 3575 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
autotools and rev 5983
« on: December 28, 2009, 08:44:21 am »
In rev 5983, some changes were amde to the directx project wizard.
On of those changes was the removal of "/trunk/src/plugins/scriptedwizard/resources/directx/files".

However on already 3 linux boxes it didn't go away (1. not when make issues a ./configure itself, or when i issued a manually ./configure, which results that Makefile.in and Makefile still exist. And that then results in a build error :
Code
Making all in directx
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/killerbot/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/plugins/scriptedwizard/resources/directx'
Making all in files
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/killerbot/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/plugins/scriptedwizard/resources/directx/files'
make[6]: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.am', needed by `Makefile.in'.  Stop.
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/killerbot/CodeBlocks/trunk/src/plugins/scriptedwizard/resources/directx/files'
m

On 2 other linux boxes I worked correctly.
The only difference is that the 2 working linux boxes are on equipped with older versions of OpenSuse, where the breaking 3 are on the latest version of OpenSuse, and I guess most probably on newer version of the autotools ( i didn't check that yet).
Those 2 working linux boxes also still have the files directory with the 2 mentioned makefiles in it.

The breaking linux boxes still have in their generated Makefile/Makefile.in in the directx directory 'SUBDIRS = files'.
So how come this was not correctly updated ??

Question : Is there a way to avoid this, or am I bumping into a bug of OpenSuse 11.2/autotools ?

I have manually removed the Makefile/Makefile.in fron the directx directory and issued a new ./configure [and also a ./bootstrap was needed(to regenerate the makefile.in)] and now it builds again.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: autotools and rev 5983
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 09:17:09 am »
I don't think, that there is an easy way to avoid it.
That's the cause whay I always run ./bootstrap before ./configure.

If the Makefile.am's have changed the Makefile.in's have to be regenerated.
If you do a clean checkout this is also not needed, because the Makefile.in-files are not (should not be) under version-control.

make clean or make distclean is not enough.