User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

RC 2

(1/3) > >>

Vampyre_Dark:
In Win2K the icons on the bottom messages pane tabs are not transparent. The black is showing.

The code folder now puts a folding icon besides every opening brace? I thought it only folded whole functions?

Workspace view opens every project tree up on a new session, instead of leaving them how they were left.

The grey background on the read only files really has to change. Unless I'm missng it the setting for it? The whole colour setup still assumes you are working on the default white background all the time.

I can open files from explorer just by clicking on them now! Still can't drag them into the editor, but they can be dragged into the message pane.

The work that has gone into here is apparent though. The help file plugin is great. I just wish I could browse for the help file instead of typing in the path with about 300 characters in it. :lol: This will certainly ease the pain of having to stop and hunt down my platform sdk and dx help files!

Vampyre_Dark:

--- Quote from: Vampyre_Dark on October 25, 2005, 10:19:02 pm ---The help file plugin is great. I just wish I could browse for the help file instead of typing in the path with about 300 characters in it. :lol: This will certainly ease the pain of having to stop and hunt down my platform sdk and dx help files!
--- End quote ---
  :oops: LOL, nm that.

Vampyre_Dark:

--- Quote from: Vampyre_Dark on October 25, 2005, 10:25:22 pm ---
--- Quote from: Vampyre_Dark on October 25, 2005, 10:19:02 pm ---The help file plugin is great. I just wish I could browse for the help file instead of typing in the path with about 300 characters in it. :lol: This will certainly ease the pain of having to stop and hunt down my platform sdk and dx help files!
--- End quote ---
  :oops: LOL, nm that.

--- End quote ---
Actually. The PSDK doesn't have a help file I can point to, it uses a command:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\help\dexplore.exe" /helpcol ms-help://MS.PSDKSVR2003SP1.1033

That's awful^^^, but I don't open it up most of the time. I type the function in the firefox google bar and look it up on MSDN. :oops:

I think these extra paths need to be added by default when auto installing the VC++Toolkit during Code::Blocks setup. I have to add them all the time manually, and so does everyone else using the compiler, so they might as well be default?

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin <-- 'Extra path' Needed for RC.exe to work.

takeshimiya:
It would be great if the Compiler plugin can auto-detect (or search in the disk) where the libraries/includes are located, and where the compilers are located.

mandrav:

--- Quote from: Vampyre_Dark on October 26, 2005, 05:56:23 am ---I think these extra paths need to be added by default when auto installing the VC++Toolkit during Code::Blocks setup. I have to add them all the time manually, and so does everyone else using the compiler, so they might as well be default?

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin <-- 'Extra path' Needed for RC.exe to work.

--- End quote ---

They are added if found.
Just click "Auto-detect" for the VC toolkit in the compiler options.
It even adds the path to "Debugging Tools for Windows", if it's found ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version